Are the red bumps on my legs just pimples or something else?

29 year old female. I have these small red bumps on my legs. They don?t itch, but I don?t know what they are. Are they just pimples?
It is not possible to make a diagnosis online without examining your legs and a comprehensive medical history. Red bumps on the skin may have several different possible causes. However, from your description of the condition, it sounds like you may have keratosis pilaris. This condition runs in family, very common and completely harmless. This skin condition arises when the human body produces excess keratin, a natural protein in the skin. The excess keratin entraps the hair follicles in the pore to form hard plugs. While keratosis pilaris resembles goose bumps, it has the appearance of small rough patches and acne-like bumps on the skin with a "sandpaper" feeling. They are dry red or white bumps that usually don't itch or hurt. As a result, many people with keratosis pilaris do not know they have it because it is often confused with acne. Keratosis pilaris can be frustrating for being difficult to treat. But prescription medications and self-care measures can improve the appearance of your skin. Of course, keratosis pilaris is just one possible diagnosis. It is important to consult with a primary care doctor or dermatologist who can give you a thorough physical examination to arrive a correct diagnosis so that it can be treated accordingly. Hope this helps.