Is it okay to not treat a jammed finger?

Jammed my finger playing hoops with my boys. Middle finger got jammed super hard. It?s black and blue and pretty swollen. Will it heal okay on its own? Should I see a doc?
Have you noticed that the pain or swelling is continuing to worsen or if it is slowly improving? Have you noticed severe tenderness or difficulty bending or touching the finger? These are important questions to consider and discuss with your primary care doctor who will be able to evaluate your medical history, presenting symptoms, and clinical exam along with these answers and decide upon the appropriate work up depending on what is found. This may include lab tests, imaging studies or even a referral to a specialist depending on what is found. It is possible that this jammed finger that you have sustained may improve with time and that this may not be something concerning. On the other hand, because there may be an underlying injury-fracture-1093">fracture or soft tissue injury is important to be evaluated by a medical professional.