Could a pulled abdominal muscle be making my testicles hurt?

I was playing flag football with some friends and I think I pulled an abdominal muscle. I?ve pulled muscles before, so I?m not worried. But now, my testicles are sore and tender. Is the muscle pull causing this?
Here are some questions to consider that may help elucidate the cause of why your testicles are hurting and whether this is related to a muscle strain or something else. Have you ever had problems with pain in your testicles before? Have you had any fevers chills, nausea or vomiting associated with this, or any problems with eating or drinking? Have you had any unprotected sexual intercourse or recent symptoms of sexually transmitted disease? Do you have any discharge from your urethra or pain with urination that is new? These are important questions to consider and discuss with your primary care doctor who will best be able to use this information, along with your medical history and presenting symptoms and decide upon the appropriate work up and possible treatment options available. This may include lab tests or imaging studies and even a referral to a specialist depending on what is found. In general, it is possible that a sprain or strain of one of the muscles in your abdomen could cause you pain and tenderness in your testicle but there is a likelihood that this could be something more serious such as epididimitis or testicular torsion. For these reasons it is important that you are evaluated by a medical professional as soon as possible.