Why am I bleeding after sex?

went to the gyno and had a pap smear I am very menopaual so why do I bleed after having sex? I have IUD
Bleeding after sex can be a very distressing thing. Fortunately, the vast majority of bleeding after sex is of no major concern. With that said, you should always get this type of thing checked out by your OBGYN. Bleeding after sex can come from one of 3 locations, the vagina, the uterus, and the cervix. Bleeding from the vagina can occur when sex occurs without the proper lubrication. This type of bleeding is usually very painful. Bleeding from the uterus can occur if you have sex just before, or just after your period. Since your are menopausal, this is less likely. Bleeding from an IUD is fairly unusual, but since you have one, you should get this checked out. The most common source of bleeding after sex is the cervix. This is because you have a large amount of blood vessels in that area that can easily break during sex and cause a small amount of bleeding. This bleeding should be expected to be worse after having a pap smear. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN. The two of you can discuss this issue in detail. In addition, your doctor can perform a thorough pelvic exam to make sure that you have nothing concerning going on.

Nearby OB-GYNs