Is it bad for my bladder to drink a lot of water before I go to sleep?

I drink a lot of water throughout the day, including at night. I don't wake up and have to go to the bathroom, so am I putting stress on my bladder? Is this okay or should I not drink water late at night?
I don't think you are likely to hurt your bladder by drinking so much water! In fact drinking lots of liquids, especially water, throughout the day is generally a healthy habit which can help keep you feeling energized and help you control your weight in a good range. If you drink more water than the body needs, the kidneys will simply make more urine. Although this means that you will be going to the bathroom to urinate more frequently than, say, people who drink less water, it is not necessarily a problem. The bladder is a very dynamic, stretchable, muscular organ and it is capable of handling large volumes of urine. Also, it has nerve endings which will send messages to your brain telling you when it is distended and time to go to the bathroom. As long as you don't ignore those messages for long periods of time and actually go to the bathroom when you feel the urge to do so, you should be fine! If you are getting up multiple times at night to go urinate, you may want to consider cutting back just on the nighttime liquids. This might help with sleep. Talk to your primary care doctor if you have more questions about this issue.