Why have my feet started smelling bad all of the sudden?

Didn't get new shoes or socks or anything, or start walking more. But, my feet all of the sudden smell bad. Do I have a fungus? Don't know what this could be.
Foot odor is a common phenomenon that we all are familiar with. The source of your sudden experience of foot odor may be due to weather that causes you to sweat more. The main reason some people's feet smell worse than other people's is that some people sweat more than other people. This is, therefore, sometimes your feet smell much worse than at other times. It all comes down to how much you sweat. Your feet have more sweat glands and therefore a higher concentration of sweat than the rest of your body. All sweat is itself odorless but it contains protein and amino acids that feed the bacteria living on the skin and creates a beneficial environment that is moist and warm (like sweaty socks) for them to grow and thrive in. These bacteria emit bad-smelling odor. The pungent foot odor ranges from a thick cheesy smell to malt vinegar and ammonia-like. The main culprit responsible for a major cause of foot odor is Brevibacteria that feed on dry, dead skin commonly found on the soles and between the toes. Other causes of foot odor may include various skin conditions. If taking off your shoes clears a room, it is good idea to seek the help of a podiatrist. Infections such as bacterial foot infection, athlete's foot or toenail fungus may soon follow.

Other Podiatrists