Can you eat too much protein?

I've been feeling kind of tired lately all day. I eat a lot of protein in my diet. Lots of eggs, beans, tofu, yogurt, etc. Could I be eating to much protein? Is this why I'm so tired?
Your fatigue throughout the day is most likely not related to the amount of protein in your diet. The most common cause of daytime sleepiness is some type of disturbance in your sleep. If you are getting less than 7 hours of sleep per night (8-9 would be more ideal), then you should work on changing your schedule to work in more sleep at night. A second problem with sleep that is common is obstructive sleep apnea. This is where your airway closes while you are sleeping (which also causes snoring) causing you to wake up many times during the night. You may not even notice the times that you wake up. These are the two most common causes of being tired all day. With regards to your diet, only in a few instances does eating a lot of protein cause a problem. For example, if you have a specific type of kidney disease, then eating too much protein can cause it to get worse. Otherwise the diet you described shouldn't be a problem and I don't think its related to your fatigue throughout the day. I am concerned about your daytime sleepiness. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician to discuss this issue. Good luck.