Is the swine flu still around?

I haven't heard much about the swine flu lately. I never got vaccinated for it. Is it still around? Should I get vaccinated before the winter?
The swine flu, or the H1N1 influenza virus, was a significant concern in the past winter. It is still around and a very real threat to your health. To answer your question -- YES -- the swine flu is still around and does affect people. I would recommend that you get vaccinated for influenza each fall in order to prevent infections. Influenza is a common virus that causes the "common cold" and flu. The virus has many variants, based on how it mutates. The flu is always present, but each winter the infection rate really jumps as people are more susceptible. Every 10-20 years or so there is a mutation that is relatively new and something that the human body hasn't seen before. If it is a variant that we haven't seen before -- then your body's immune system is less efficient at fighting it. A few winters ago -- a new mutation of the influenza virus developed and therefore was dangerous because our immune systems didn't know how to handle it. This was termed the swine flu. It is still present, but the overall danger is down (and why its not in the news) because our immune systems can handle it better. Regardless you should still be vaccinated for any new or developing influenza mutant. Please talk to your doctor for more information.

9415 E Harry St