Is the soreness in my wrist carpal tunnel syndrome?

I use a computer for work and at home. My right wrist (my mouse hand) has started to ache. Is this carpal tunnel syndrome? I've heard people talk about it but I don't really know what it is. What are the other symptoms?
Carpal tunnel is made up of the arching carpal bones, or eight bones in the wrist, and the connecting ligament. A major nerve called median nerve that connects from the brain and spinal cord down to the fingertips travels down the arm and enters the hand through carpal tunnel. Carpal tunnel syndrome arises when a median nerve in your wrist becomes pinched to trigger a progressively painful hand and arm condition. A number of factors that can contribute to a carpal tunnel syndrome include certain underlying medical problems and possible patterns of hand use. Carpal tunnel syndrome starts gradually with a vague aching in your wrist that can radiate up your forearm to your shoulder or down into your hand or fingers. Initial symptoms are also numbness and tingling in your hand or fingers, especially your thumb, index, middle and part of the ring fingers, but not your little finger. These sensations are more intense at night that can awaken you from sleep. As the disease advances, you can develop a burning sensation, occasionally sharp shooting pains in the forearm, and a weakness in your hands that decreases your grip strength leading you to frequent dropping of objects. If you experience persistent signs and symptoms suggestive of carpal tunnel syndrome, I would recommend a visit with a primary care doctor or rheumatologist soon. If the condition is not treated, permanent deterioration of nerve and muscle may occur.

Other Rheumatologists