Why do I have pain in my belly button?

I have a sharp pain in my navel. I'm a 33 year old female and haven't had my belly button pierced or anything. Why would I be having pain in my navel? It seems like a strange place to have pain...
Sometimes, there can be an infection of the skin in the belly button. If you notice any redness of the skin, or any drainage or odor that is probably what is going on, and your doctor can take a look at it and help you decide what to do. However, pain in the belly button can also be because of something that is going on inside of the abdomen. For example, if the pain feels deep and is severe, this may be a sign of appendicitis. Appendicitis classically begins as pain at the belly button that migrates down toward the right lower part of the abdomen. Other signs that would go along with appendicitis would include nausea and fever. Appendicitis is a very serious problem and if you suspect it you would need to go see your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately. There are many other less serious causes of pain inside the abdomen that might include discomfort at the belly button, including gas distention and constipation. As long as the pain is not severe or worsening, and you don't have vomiting or fever, then you can make a routine appointment to see your doctor. If the symptoms are severe, you should go to the emergency room.

9415 E Harry St