Is the lump on my lip something serious?

I bit my lip really hard last week and now there's a bump on it that won't go away. Its at the front, by my lower front teeth. It doesn't hurt anymore, but it won't go away. Should I have it removed?
If you bit your lip hard enough to cause bleeding and a little swelling, then it probably is not done healing yet. The bump you feel at the front of your lower teeth is probably a pocket of healing tissue that will take another week or so to completely heal. The mouth has an excellent ability to heal itself after an injury. Thus, I think that by the time you read this, the bump will have already begun to heal. In some rare cases, a low level of inflammation can persist causing a small painless bump to stick around past the normal healing time. When this occurs, the best thing to do is wait it out. Removal of the bump is likely to do more damage than good. Eventually, that low level of inflammation should heal and your lip will be normal again. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician (family doctor or internal medicine doctor). He or she can examine your lip closely and make sure that something more series is not going on. Likely, your doctor will recommend leaving the bump alone to give it time to completely heal before trying to do anything about it. Good luck.