Does a little bit of fat cause health problems?

I'm a little overweight, just some fat around my belly and in my butt I guess. Will this small amount of fat on my body cause health problems? I'm 29 and have had it for years now with no real health problems.
The answer to your question depends on how overweight you are, and if your weight is contributing to other health problems. The problem with being overweight is that it often leads to other health problems such as high blood pressure, cholesterol problems, diabetes, and joint problems. Specifically fat in the belly has found to carry specific risks for developing these problems. So while you have no real health problems, you could develop them in the future. Of course all of this depends on how overweight you are combined with every other aspect of your health. Thus, there is no particular weight that I could say is right for you. You may be fine with the weight you are, while someone else may develop all of those problems I mentioned above. As a general rule, you should try to keep your body mass index (BMI) below 25. You can find a BMI calculator on line. I think your next best move should be to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. The two of you can discuss your weight and determine if you would benefit from any weight loss. This way you will know if there is anything you can do to improve your health.