Could something other than an STD make your urinating hurt?

I haven't been sexually active for a long time. But I get a stinging/burning sensation when I urinate. Been happening for a week now. What could be causing this if I don't have an STD?
You are correct that an STD may have similar symptoms, and it is also possible that you have a urinary tract infection. You should see your primary care provider to discuss yous symptoms and to evaluate a urine sample. Urinary tract infections (UTIs), also known as acute cysititis, are fairly common, especially in women, and account for more than 6 million doctor visits a year just in the United States. They can present with urinary symptoms such as pain or burning with urination (dysuria), urgency, increased frequency, and the need to urinate at night (nocturia). Sometimes, pain can spread to your abdominal sides and to your back. When the infection starts to extend to your kidneys, you can develop pyelonephritis (kidney infection) and may develop other symptoms such as fever, increased back pain, and fatigue. Genital discharge or lesions may suggest another kind of infection or a sexually transmitted disease (STD). The prognosis of an uncomplicated UTI is great if followed and treated by a physician. You should see your primary care physician to discuss your symptoms and to evaluate a urine sample to determine if your symptoms are being caused by a UTI and require treatment.