Would going to a chiropractor to align my back make my headaches go away?

I suffer from headaches 3 to 4 days a week. A friend recommended a chiropractor, she says it can help with headaches. Is this true? I've heard that when you go to a chiropractor once, you have to keep going back for it to work.
Chiropractors work under the philosophy that problems with alignment of the muscles, bones, and ligaments causes various symptoms and disease problems, not just back pain, but also stiffness and tension in other parts of the body. Some people do find that that chiropractors are helpful to them in reducing these symptoms, although the results are difficult to predict from person to person. I think, before going to see a chiropractor, it will be import to get checked out by your primary care doctor. This is because chronic headaches can occasionally be a sign of a serious medical problem, such as swelling or increased pressure in the brain. This is important to rule out, and your doctor can do that by performing a complete physical examination. After that, if you are cleared to see a chiropractor and no obvious treatable cause of the headaches is identified, then it should be fine to go to the chiropractor. At the same time, it may be that your doctor will figure out what is causing the headaches and will be able to fix them. For example, if allergies or sinus pressure is the cause, then that is a problem that it fixable with simple medications.

Other Neurologists