Does a concussion heal or is your brain permanently damaged?

I had a concussion (I think, didn't got to the doctor). Does it heal or is your brain messed up forever?
A concussion is a minor form of brain injury that occurs usually from a blow to the skull, either from a sports injury, a car accident, a fall, or other similar accident. Although concussion do not cause major damage to the brain, they can cause significant problems that should be assessed medically. For this reason, I highly recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor. They will be able to perform a full neurological exam to make sure that you don't have any permanent or lasting problems from your injury. Although a single concussion is unlikely to cause permanent damage to the brain, some of the effects can take weeks or months to go away. Common effects from concussion include chronic headaches, dizziness, mood problems, memory problems, and the like. Your doctor will be able to help you determine whether you are suffering from any of these potential complications and, if so, will help you determine what to do about them. If it turns out that you did have a concussion, then it will be important to be very careful in the future, as repeated head injuries are more likely to have more permanent or long term effects on your health.

Other Neurologists