Could taking too hot of a shower make your skin dry?

I take very hot showers and have noticed that lately my skin has become very dry. Could the temperature of your shower make your skin dry?
In general, hot water showers is felt to contribute to skin becoming dry and rough. It is also thought that more frequent bathing (in addition to using hot water) can also cause skin to dry out. The reason for this has to do with the need for your skin to have natural oils that are produced by pores in the skin. Skin produces oil known as sebum. This oil acts as a protective substance for your skin, and helps keep your skin intact. This oil is easily washed out of the skin with standard soaps and water we use to bath. Most of the time, this oil is replaced quickly preventing dry skin from occurring. However, if the baths you take are too hot or to frequent, then the rate of oil production can't keep up with its removal. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can examine your skin and make sure that the symptoms you are feeling are not due to some other condition. Your doctor will likely have some input into how often you should bathe. In addition, you may try experimenting with different soaps so that you can find one that does not dry out your skin as much.