Can I use birth control to have fewer periods?

I have heavy flows i have to change a super tampon every 3-5 hours and i get really bad cramps and i want a less periods
It sounds like you are really having trouble with your periods! In addition to the inconvenience of heavy flow and the pain from the severe cramping, heavy bleeding can also lead to anemia, which is a very serious problem. I would definitely suggest that you go see your primary care doctor or your OB GYN doctor about this. Generally speaking, birth control pills are very good for controlling heavy bleeding and cramping. Of course, every person is slightly different, and your doctor will need to run through the risks and benefits of using birth control pills to make sure that they are right for you. That being said, most people do tolerate birth control pills well without many side effect. They definitely can help to 'normalize' your periods and make the bleeding and cramping less. Furthermore, for some people, taking 'extended cycles' of birth control pills (where you only have a period every two or three months) is another option. Your doctor can also discuss this option with you. Another important reason to talk to your doctor about this is that he or she can make sure there is no evidence that your cramping and bleeding is from another treatable cause other than just 'heavy periods.'

Nearby OB-GYNs