Can too much texting cause carpal tunnel syndrome?

I know that computer use is a cause of carpal tunnel syndrome. Can you also get it from texting too much? I text a ton for my work and I've been having tingling in my fingertips
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where a nerve (called the median nerve) becomes compressed as it enters the hand through the wrist. This area of the wrist is very crowded with tendons and blood vessels. These structures all have to get into the hand without compressing each other. Any amount of inflammation around the tendons can cause the area to swell and compress the median nerve. The swelling around the tendons can be caused by repetitive movements such as typing. There is no reason why texting could not cause this to happen. You probably would have to text for quite a while for this to become significant. If you have developed compression of the median nerve, it will cause numbness and tingling in the thumb, 2nd and 3rd finger, and half of the ring finger. There are many therapies for carpal tunnel including exercises, braces, and even surgery if necessary. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can examine your hand and perform a few tests to see if you have carpal tunnel syndrome. If you do, then you will likely be given a brace to wear and be recommended to reduce the amount of irritating behavior such as texting.