Is there any way to cure dandruff?

Had it most of my life and I'm almost 30 now. Comes and goes, but it is pretty embarrassing. I used different shampoos, but nothing works. Is there another way to cure dandruff or prevent it from coming back?
As you already know, dandruff is a condition of the hair that can cause much pain, embarrassment and frustration. One of the several causes of dandruff is the overgrowth of yeast-like fungus (malassezia). It is a common belief that dandruff is a result of an over-dry scalp. Actually, one of the most frequent causes of dandruff is irritated, oily scalp that can promote the yeast malassezia to grow and thrive. Thus, there are two main types of dandruff: dry and greasy dandruff. Greasy dandruff can be a bit more difficult to treat because it tends to repeat itself quite easily. The trick is to try different anti-dandruff shampoos that contain antiseptic ingredients (i.e., zinc, selenium, and sulfur, etc.) until you find the "cocktail" that works for you. On the other hand, your persistent dandruff might be seborrheic dermatitis, an chronic inflammatory skin disorder affecting the scalp that shows up as flaky, white to yellow scales. Another possibility is psoriasis, which is a skin disorder that causes an accumulation of dead skin cells that form thick, silvery scales. Having said all of this, I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a dermatologist to be evaluated the exact cause of your chronic dandruff problem.