How can I get rid of toenail fungus?

I have pretty embarrassing toenail fungus. Any way to make it go away? Home remedies? I don't like doctors.
Fungal nail infection is the most common nail complaint heard by foot doctors so there is no need to feel embarrassed. Fungal toenail infections are common as fungus thrives on warm, damp and dark environments like your sock that covers your hot, sweaty foot which is ideal for such fungal growth. Therefore, to "treat" it you should try wearing open toe shoes as much as possible in the summer. When you wear socks, make sure they are made of cotton. There are three different types of toenail fungus: black toenail fungus, yellow toenail fungus, and white toenail fungus. White toenail fungus is more effective when treating with home remedies. (It is especially effective if you are in the early stage of infection). Other types are very difficult to treat at home and they are very contagious that it is not uncommon to have all ten of your toes infected with fungus. Fortunately, nail fungus can be treated and completely get rid of even the most severe cases by your doctor. You should have your doctor run a test to determine if your nail fungus can be treated with home remedies. A different course of action is required for each type of nail fungus. A fungal toenail infection may also be a symptom of a systematic condition known as athlete's foot that requires medical care. I would recommend a visit with a podiatrist soon.

Other Podiatrists

• Dr. Rui DeMelo
    Dr. Rui DeMelo DPM, FACFAS
    Podiatrist
    1234 Summer St
    Stamford, CT 06905
  • Dr. Ira Silverman
    Dr. Ira Silverman DPM
    Podiatrist
    320 Beverly Rancocas Rd
    Willingboro, NJ 08046
  • Dr. Ryan Shock
    Dr. Ryan Shock DPM
    Podiatrist
    6611 River Place Blvd
    Austin, TX 78730