Why have my menstrual cramps become worse?

I'm 29 and over the last six months or so my menstrual cramps have become much worse during my time of the month. Is there a reason they would get worse all the sudden after all these years?
Menstrual cramps can worsen for a number of reasons. While often just normal variation that occurs throughout a women's life -- this may also represent a change in your body that is caused be a disease. I would strongly recommend that you discuss this with your doctor. Either your primary care doctor or your OB/GYN should be able to help you with this. Menstrual cramps occur often during menstruation -- the process by which the inner lining of the uterus (known as the endometrium) is shed if a fetus is not implanted. This normally occurs around a twenty eight day cycle. There are many components of the cycle -- hormonal components include estrogen and progresterone that are made by the body to sustain the cycle; structural components include the ovaries, fallopian tubes and the uterus. If there are changes in either hormonal components or the structural components than the menstrual cycle (and menstrual cramps) can change. For example, women who develop scarring of their genitourinary tract from an infection may develop worsening cramps. Another example is women who develop endometriosis (where the lining of the uterus ends up growing in different spots of the body.) Even changes of hormones (like changes in birth control pills) can cause this. While possible normally, this could be a sign of a disease. Also, there are many treatments for menstrual discomfort. Please talk to your doctor for more information.