Is the pain in my jaw connected to the pain in my chest?

The left side of my jaw hurts and so does the upper left part of my chest, like in my pec muscle. Are they connected? Could something cause both parts of the body to hurt at the same time like this?
Pain in the jaw and chest can go together in some circumstances. While this may be a coincidence, this may be related and a sign of a worrisome symptom. I would recommend that you see your primary care doctor. Pain is a sensation that the brain receives from the nerves in the body. The nerves in the body are distributed throughout. Occasionally the nerves in the body can "confuse" the brain because how they deliver pain. This is known as referred pain. The reason to mention this is because pain in the heart can be recognized by the body as jaw and chest pain. this is often left sided as you mention. Therefore, one concern would be that your body is interpreting heart pain as jaw and chest pain. This is a major concern if your heart is really the problem. The heart has "pain" when it is not getting enough blood. This is known as angina and can be a sign of an impending heart attack. I would strongly recommend that you discuss this with your doctor. If the pain worsens with exertion this is more concerning. There may be other causes (like muscle pain) or problems in the lung -- but the heart must be investigated. Please see your doctor.