Dr. Adnan Durrani, MD
About Dr. Adnan Durrani
Dr. Adnan Durrani trained in psychiatry and specializes in anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, ADHD, Schizophrenia, OCD, PTSD, Substance Use Disorders, and various other life crises. Dr. Durrani provides psychotherapy, CBT and medication, if necessary. He sees both adults and children. His patients are drawn to his friendly demeanor and appreciate the caring attention he gives to each person. Dr. Durrani does not take insurance and is out-of-network for psychiatry appointments. However, he sees patients on Saturdays and has no waiting list to make an appointment at this time. PLEASE NOTE: If you are making an appointment with Dr. Durrani for a new problem that he has not seen you for before, please select "New Patient" in Zocdoc. Otherwise, the appointment time will not be accurately reflected in the schedule and might need to be rescheduled. Thank you. PLEASE NOTE 2: If you have out of network benefits, please request a receipt to file with your insurance company. PLEASE NOTE 3: Appointments must be paid in full 48 hours prior to your appointment in case of no-show or late cancellation/rescheduling. PLEASE NOTE 4: For patients with ADHD, Dr. Durrani requires that you have neuropsychological testing done with a clinical psychologist before he will prescribe stimulants. If you already have documented testing, please bring this to your first appointment. Thank you.
Education and training
- Medical School - Rawalpindi Medical University, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Einstein Healthcare Network, Residency in Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Medical Association
- Association of Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America
Awards and publications
- Christopher J L Murray et. al, DURRANI, A.M. GLOBAL, REGIONAL, AND NATIONAL INCIDENCE AND MORTALITY FOR HIV, TUBERCULOSIS, AND MALARIA DURING 1990–2013: A SYSTEMATIC ANALYSIS FOR THE GLOBAL BURDEN OF DISEASE STUDY 2013. The Lancet. 2014 Sep; 384(9947): 1005-1070. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 25059949. Publication Status: Published.
- Marie Ng, PhD, Tom Fleming, BS, Margaret Robinson, BA, Blake Thomson, BA, Nicholas Graetz, BS, Christopher Margono, BS, Erin C Mullany, BA, Stan Biryukov, BS, Cristiana Abbafati, PhD, Semaw Ferede Abera, MA, ADNAN M DURRANI, MD. GLOBAL, REGIONAL AND NATIONAL PREVALENCE OF OVERWEIGHT AND OBESITY IN CHILDREN AND ADULTS DURING 1980–2013: A SYSTEMATIC ANALYSIS FOR THE GLOBAL BURDEN OF DISEASE STUDY 2013. The Lancet. 2014 Aug; 384(9945): 766-781. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 24880830. Publication Status: Published.
- Christopher J L Murray et. al, DURRANI, A.M. GLOBAL, REGIONAL, AND NATIONAL LEVELS OF AGE-SPECIFIC ALL-CAUSE AND CAUSE-SPECIFIC MORTALITY FOR 240 CAUSES OF DEATH, 1990-2013: GLOBAL BURDEN OF DISEASE 2013.. The Lancet. 2015 Jan; 385(9963):117-71. Cited in PubMed: PMID: 25530442. Publication Status: Published.
Dr. Adnan Durrani's office location
Synergy Immediate Care
1980 Gallows Rd, 2nd Floor (Psychiatry/Mental Health)
Tysons, VA 22182
Patient reviews for Dr. Adnan Durrani
Psychiatrists by Location
Popular Insurances Accepted By Psychiatrists
- Aetna Psychiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- Cigna Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychiatrists
- More Insurances