Dr. Adnan Durrani, MD
Dr. Adnan Durrani trained in psychiatry and specializes in anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, ADHD, Schizophrenia, OCD, PTSD, Substance Use Disorders, and various other life crises. Dr. Durrani provides psychotherapy, CBT and medication, if necessary. He sees both adults and children. His patients are drawn to his friendly demeanor and appreciate the caring attention he gives to each person. Dr. Durrani does not take insurance and is out-of-network for psychiatry appointments. However, he sees patients on Saturdays and has no waiting list to make an appointment at this time. PLEASE NOTE: If you are making an appointment with Dr. Durrani for a new problem that he has not seen you for before, please select "New Patient" in Zocdoc. Otherwise, the appointment time will not be accurately reflected in the schedule and might need to be rescheduled. Thank you. PLEASE NOTE 2: If you have out of network benefits, please request a receipt to file with your insurance company. PLEASE NOTE 3: Appointments must be paid in full 48 hours prior to your appointment in case of no-show or late cancellation/rescheduling. PLEASE NOTE 4: For patients with ADHD, Dr. Durrani requires that you have neuropsychological testing done with a clinical psychologist before he will prescribe stimulants. If you already have documented testing, please bring this to your first appointment. Thank you.
Education and training
- Einstein Healthcare Network, Residency in Psychiatry
- Medical School - Rawalpindi Medical College, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- Association of Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America
Awards and publications
- Prof Ali H Mokdad, PhD et al. DURRANI, A.M. HEALTH IN TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY IN THE EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN REGION, 1990–2013: A SYSTEMATIC ANALYSIS FOR THE GLOBAL BURDEN OF DISEASE STUDY 2013. The Lancet Volume 4, Issue 10, October 2016, Pages e704–e713,8. DURRANI, A.M, Retamero, Carolina (2017). CHALLENGE OF MONITORING CLOZAPINE LEVELS IN SMOKERS WHO UNDERGO INPATIENT HOSPITALIZATION. Poster presented at: American Psychiatric Association, San Diego, CA.
- DURRANI, A,M. O'CONNOR, S, RAMCHANDANI, V.A.. (2015). SELF-REPORTED RESPONSES TO ALCOHOL FOLLOWING ORAL AND INTRAVENOUS ADMINISTRATION IN HUMANS: DOES ROUTE OF EXPOSURE MATTER?. Poster presented at: ASSOCIATION FOR CLINICAL AND TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCE
- Christopher J L Murray et. al. DURRANI, A.M. GLOBAL, REGIONAL AND NATIONAL COMPARATIVE RISK ASSESSMENT OF 79 BEHAVIORAL, ENVIRONMENTAL/OCCUPATIONAL AND METABOLIC RISKS OR CLUSTERS OF RISKS IN 188 COUNTRIES 1990-2013: A SYSTEMATIC ANALYSIS FOR THE GBD 2013. The Lancet, Volume 386, Issue 10010, 5–11 December 2015, Pages 2287-2323
Synergy Immediate Care
1980 Gallows Rd, 2nd Floor (Psychiatry/Mental Health)
Tysons, VA 22182