Afsha Somani, NP
Ms. Afsha Somani is a skilled nurse practitioner serving the community of San Antonio, TX. Ms. Somani attended the University of Texas, San Antonio, where she received her master’s in family nursing. She obtained her bachelor’s from the University of Texas, Austin. Ms. Somani practices at MedFirst Primary Care. She is a multilingual communicator who can converse in English, Urdu, Hindi, Gujarati, and basic Spanish, which makes her skilled in building and strengthening relationships with diverse populations. She is an active member of the Texas Nurse Practitioners, the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and the Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing. Ms. Somani’s philosophy of patient care is based on compassion, efficacy, and teamwork. She focuses on giving patients the highest quality of care while guaranteeing their participation in managing their own medical condition.
- Nurse Practitioner
Education and training
- University of Texas, San Antonio, Master's in Family Nursing
- University of Texas, Austin (Bachelor's)
- Texas Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing
Awards and publications
- Patel, D. I., Meling, V., Somani, A., Larrotta, D., & Byrd, D. A. (2017). Summer undergraduate nursing research experience: Implementing a mentor-based research program for minority nursing undergraduates. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 7(7), 37.
- Somani, A., Larrotta, D., Meling, V., Byrd, D.A., & Patel, D.I. Enhancing undergraduate research experiences. Poster session presented at: Conference on Community Engagement and Healthcare Improvement; 2016 September 2-4; San Antonio, TX.
- Somani, A., Larrotta, D., Meling, V., Byrd, D.A, & Patel, D.I. Enhancing undergraduate research experiences. Poster session presented at: Western Institute of Nursing’s 50th Annual Communication Nursing Research Conference; 2017 April 19-22; Denver, CO.
- University of Texas, Austin, TX - University Honors
MedFirst Primary Care
525 Oak Centre Drive, Suite 350
San Antonio, TX 78258