Dr. Aletha Akers, MD
**They ONLY accept patients under 18 Dr. Aletha Akers is a dedicated physician specializing in gynecology. Dr. Akers earned her medical degree from Johns Hopkins University. Her keen interest in medicine further propelled her to pursue a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Michigan. She then completed an additional fellowship training in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of North Carolina. Dr. Akers also holds a master's degree in public health from the University of North Carolina. Dr. Akers is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She also works in association with the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Patients currently see Dr. Akers at CHOP Adolescent Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. She is proactive, supportive, and believes in delivering appropriate care to each patient. She is focused on providing better healthcare and enhanced patient satisfaction.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- University of Pennsylvania, Bryn Mawr College (Bachelor's)
- University of North Carolina, Master's in Public Health
- University of Michigan, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- University of North Carolina, Fellowship in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical School - Johns Hopkins University, Doctor of Medicine
CHOP Adolescent Medicine
CHOP Adolescent Medicine - Main Campus
3550 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19104