About Dr. Amanda Ficacelli
Dr. Amanda Ficacelli is an experienced and reliable pediatrician serving the community of Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Ficacelli completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Connecticut, graduating Magna Cum Laude. She received her medical degree from Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA, where she was also recognized as a Humanities Scholar. She then completed her pediatric residency at Northwestern University, Children's Memorial Hospital. Dr. Ficacelli is a part of Weill Cornell Medical Associates and is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. She is also a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics. As a general pediatrician, Dr. Ficacelli provides comprehensive medical care for infants, children, and adolescents. Dr. Ficacelli has a passion for patient health education and enjoys working closely with her patients and their families to help them make informed decisions about their care. Developing long-term relationships to establish healthy habits and provide anticipatory guidance is vital to her approach. Pairing a caring bedside manner with a friendly smile, Dr. Ficacelli treats each patient with compassion and cheerfulness to create a positive experience towards the ultimate goal of promoting healthy living and preventing disease.
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- American Board of Pediatrics
Education and training
- Medical School - Drexel University, Philadelphia, Doctor of Medicine
- Northwestern University, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Residency in Pediatrics
- University of Connecticut (Bachelor’s)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Medical Society of the State of New York
Awards and publications
- Humanities Scholar: 2003-2007
- Homer Babbidge Scholar: 2002
- Magna Cum Laude: 2002
- Honors Scholar: 1999-2002
Dr. Amanda Ficacelli's office location
Weill Cornell Medical Associates
Weill Cornell Medicine - 4th Floor
186 Joralemon St, 4th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Patient reviews for Dr. Amanda Ficacelli
Simply smart, empathic. Fantastic!
We just relocated from Texas to NYC and we wanted to find a pediatrician that was kind, warm, and knowledgeable like the one we had in Dallas. Dr F was exactly that! She’s so welcoming and shows genuine care! She didn’t seem like she was in a rush and took her time to make my daughter feel cared for.
Quick and attentive first doctor’s apt for my newborn daughter. Dr. Ficacelli answered all our questions and was very knowledgeable. Just recommended her to my friends and will soon have my 6 year old transferred to start seeing her as well.
Excellent all around! Dr. Ficacelli spends plenty of time answering questions and you never get the feeling you’re being rushed.
Studied the previous records of the kids, asked questions, performed a very thorough exam and engaged the children directly making them feel responsible for their own health.
Simply awesome, kind, patient, and easy going.
She was great! Patient and full of knowledge. She put a lot of our fears aside and helped up reason through other normal concerns about raising our first newborn. Dr. Ficacelli is the only pediatrician at this practice, and it's a new office as of September 2017, so it's not too busy or difficult to get an appointment.
I'd give 10 stars if possible, because Dr. Ficacelli is practical; matter of fact and simultaneously humourous; knowledgeable; understanding; and comforting. She's the best kind of doctor that you can get and for newbie parents, she's perfect. The office and staff are just as accommodating and understanding. I highly recommend this office, although, I want to keep it a secret so it doesn't become too popular.
Dr. F is great! We've been taking our daughter to her for three years and been very happy with her care, attentiveness, and understanding.
Dr. Ficacelli is AMAZING! My son loved her, she is great with kids ( you might say well "she is a pediatrician) but unfortunately I've met some that are not very kid friendly. But, Dr. Ficacelli is thorough, knowledgeable, friendly, and shows she cares. I'm absolutely grateful to have found her for my baby. I really recommend her!
Very kind, knowledgeable and thorough. She spent a lot of time talking with us and was great with my child.
Amanda is fantastic!
This was our first appointment with Amanda. We liked her and looking forward to our next visit.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Child with Fever
- 12 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 15 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 18 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 1 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 24 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 2 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 2 Week Well Baby Checkup
- 30 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 3-7 Day Well-Baby Checkup
- 3 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 4 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 6 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 9 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- Annual Pediatric Checkup
- More Procedures
- Aetna Pediatricians
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pediatricians
- Cigna Pediatricians
- UnitedHealthcare Pediatricians
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Pediatricians
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Pediatricians
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Pediatricians
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Pediatricians
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Pediatricians
- More Insurances