Dr. Andrew Gordon, MD, PhD
Physiatrist, Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Andrew Gordon is a skilled physiatrist and sports medicine specialist serving the community of Silver Spring, MD. Dr. Gordon attended George Washington University, where he received his medical degree. He completed his internship in medicine at the George Washington University Hospital. Further, he went on to complete a residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. He practices at Metro Orthopedics and Sports Therapy. Dr. Gordon strives to make each patient’s visit a pleasant and pain-free experience. Patients see him for a host of reasons, including ankle problems, neck problems, herniated disk, muscle strains, and leg problems. He is fellowship-trained in primary care sports medicine and interventional spine at the MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital. He received his doctorate in biomedical engineering from the University of Rochester. He is a member of the North American Spine Society, the American College of Sports Medicine, and the Association of Academic Physiatrists. In addition to pursuing his clinical career, he has published articles and book chapters that focus on various topics. Dr. Gordon takes a genuine interest in researching and educating himself on various new advancements, so his patients get the best and the most advanced treatment possible. He takes time out to listen to each patient's health concerns and works on the treatment accordingly. He ensures it suits their recovery and lifestyle.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Sports Medicine Specialist
Education and training
- Medical School - George Washington University, Doctor of Medicine
- The George Washington University Hospital, Internship in Medicine
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- University of Rochester, PhD in Biomedical Engineering
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital, Fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine and Interventional Spine
Metro Orthopedics and Sports Therapy
8401 Colesville Road, Suite #50
Silver Spring, MD 20910