Dr. Antonio Martinez, MD
Family Physician, Primary Care Doctor
Fluent in English and Spanish, Dr. Antonio Martinez looks after the diverse population of Harlingen, TX. He is available for examinations and consultations at Sesame Family Clinic, where he treats a wide array of medical concerns, such as ear infections, sinus problems, high blood pressure, sore throat, and urinary tract infections. Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, Dr. Martinez received his medical degree from Ohio State University. Subsequently, he completed a residency in general surgery at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, followed by another residency in family medicine at Valley Baptist Medical Center, Harlingen. He is also an esteemed member of the American Academy of Family Physicians. As a primary care doctor and family physician, Dr. Martinez has published articles and book chapters that focus on various topics in his field of specialization. He invests in educating visiting individuals about their health and how they can make minor changes in their daily life to ensure a healthy living.
- Aetna Better Health
- Family Physician
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Ohio State University, Doctor of Medicine
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Residency in General Surgery
- Ohio State University (Post baccalaureate coursework)
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (Bachelor's)
- Valley Baptist Medical Center, Harlingen, Residency in Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Awards and publications
- Excellence In Teaching Award, The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Honors, Surgical Oncology Clerkship for 4th year medical students
- Martinez A, Goldberg RF, Dixon RM, Thomas EL, Karole KM, Bogert JN. Implementation of a Small Bowel Obstruction Protocol at an Urban Public Hospital. Surgical Practice. 2016;20(2):82-6.
- Martinez A, Snyder AJ, Smith GA. Home Exercise Equipment-Related Injuries Among Children in the United States. Clinical Pediatrics. 2011;50(6):553-8.
Sesame Family Clinic
707 W. Sesame Dr.
Harlingen, TX 78550