Dr. Brian Jacobson, MD
A seasoned gastroenterologist, Dr. Brian Jacobson attended Harvard University, where he earned his master’s degree in public health, followed by a medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University. Subsequently, he chose to complete a fellowship training in gastroenterology as well as a residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Certified in gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Jacobson looks after the people of Boston, MA. He is excited to bring his knowledge to the Center for Digestive Disorders, where he enjoys sharing his love for a healthy living with his patients to inspire them to reach their health goals. In addition to pursuing his clinical career, Dr. Jacobson has published articles and book chapters that focus on various topics in gastroenterology. He believes that prevention of illness is better than cure and encourages his patients to take personal responsibility for their health.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Doctor of Medicine
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (Residency)
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Harvard University, Master's in Public Health
- Amherst College (Bachelor's)
Awards and publications
- Kluge MA, Williams JL, Wu CK, Jacobson BC, Schroy PC, Lieberman DA, Calderwood AH. Inadequate Boston Bowel Preparation Scale scores predict the risk of missed neoplasia on the next colonoscopy. Gastrointest Endosc. 2018 Mar; 87(3):744-751. PMID: 28648575.
- MacArthur KL, Leszczynski AM, Jacobson BC. Enhancing bowel preparation instructions: Is the bang worth the buck, or are we stuck with the muck? Gastrointest Endosc. 2017 01; 85(1):98-100. PMID: 27986119.
- Lin BM, Curhan SG, Wang M, Jacobson BC, Eavey R, Stankovic KM, Curhan GC. Prospective Study of Gastroesophageal Reflux, Use of Proton Pump Inhibitors and H2-Receptor Antagonists, and Risk of Hearing Loss. Ear Hear. 2017 Jan/Feb; 38(1):21-27. PMID: 27556519.
- Calderwood AH, Mahoney EM, Jacobson BC. A Plan-Do-Study-Act Approach to Improving Bowel Preparation Quality. Am J Med Qual. 2017 Mar/Apr; 32(2):194-200. PMID: 26917808.
- Zanchetti DJ, Schueler SA, Jacobson BC, Lowe RC. Effective teaching of endoscopy: a qualitative study of the perceptions of gastroenterology fellows and attending gastroenterologists. Gastroenterol Rep (Oxf). 2016 May; 4(2):125-30. PMID: 27005761.
Center for Digestive Disorders
Boston Medical Center
830 Harrison Avenue, Suite 3500, Moakley Building
Boston, MA 02118
Gastroenterologists by Location
- Atlanta, GA Gastroenterologists
- Chicago, IL Gastroenterologists
- Dallas, TX Gastroenterologists
- Denver, CO Gastroenterologists
- Houston, TX Gastroenterologists
- Los Angeles, CA Gastroenterologists
- New York, NY Gastroenterologists
- Philadelphia, PA Gastroenterologists
- Phoenix, AZ Gastroenterologists
- Washington, DC Gastroenterologists
Popular Insurances Accepted By Gastroenterologists
- Aetna Gastroenterologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- Cigna Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Gastroenterologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Gastroenterologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Gastroenterologists
- More Insurances