Dr. Carlos Licon, MD
Family Physician, Primary Care Doctor
Dr. Carlos Licon is a diligent and caring family physician and primary care doctor serving the community of San Antonio, TX. Dr. Licon attended the University of Colorado, where he received his medical degree, and completed his residency in family medicine at the University of Texas, San Antonio. Dr. Licon is a part of MedFirst Primary Care at Hausmana and is affiliated with St. Luke's Hospital at the Vintage in Houston, TX. Dr. Licon is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine. He is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians and the Texas Academy of Family Physicians. Because Dr. Licon is bilingual in English and Spanish, patients from a variety of backgrounds enjoy having him as their physician. Dr. Licon is deeply committed to the well-being of his patients. He takes a thorough and precise approach to his consultations to ensure that he is consistently giving accurate diagnoses. Outside work, Dr. Licon enjoys biking, hiking, swimming with his daughter and, watching telenovelas and football.
- Aetna Better Health
- Family Physician
- Primary Care Doctor
- St. Luke's Hospital at The Vintage
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Colorado, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Texas, El Paso (Bachelor’s)
- University of Colorado (Bachelor’s)
- University of Texas, San Antonio, Residency in Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians
Awards and publications
- Community Oriented Primary Care (COPC), Teen Medical Academy, 2005 – 2006 - Taught high school students medical skills to expose them to careers in the health field.
- San Juan Clinic, Boulder, Colorado, 1996 ? 1998 - Took patients’ vital signs and histories and translated for healthcare workers.
- Dean’s List, University of Texas at El Paso, Fall 1993
- Student Senator, University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), 1992 – 1993
- Presidential Scholarship, University of Texas at El Paso, 1992 – 1994
MedFirst Primary Care at Hausman
8230 N Loop 1604 W Access Rd, Suite 218
San Antonio, TX 78249