Dr. Daniel Smith, MD
Hip and Knee Surgeon, Orthopedic Surgeon, Reconstructive Surgeon, Hip Surgeon
Daniel Smith is a warm and attentive orthopedic surgeon, reconstructive surgeon, hip and knee surgeon, and hip surgeon serving the communities of New York and Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Smith attended New York University, where he received his medical degree. He then completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Montefiore Medical Center. He continued his training by completing a fellowship in adult reconstruction and joint replacement at Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Smith is a part of Mount Sinai West Department of Orthopedics. He is affiliated with the Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai Roosevelt in New York, NY. He gives each patient his focused attention, and he prides himself on delivering the best treatment available. Dr. Smith is devoted to ensuring the longevity of his patients’ health and developing long-lasting relationships with them. He takes his time to understand symptoms and give correct diagnoses to ensure the continued health of all his patients.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Reconstructive Surgeon
- Hip and Knee Surgeon
- Hip Surgeon
- Mount Sinai Roosevelt
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
Education and training
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Montefiore Medical Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Cornell University (Bachelor’s)
- Hospital for Joint Diseases, Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement
- Medical School - New York University, Doctor of Medicine
Awards and publications
- Smith DC, Maiman R, Schwechter EM, Kim SJ, Hirsh DM. Optimal Irrigation and Debridement of Infected Total Joint Implants with Chlorhexidine Gluconate. The Journal of arthroplasty 2015 Oct; 30(10).
- Doran J, Yu S, Smith D, Iorio R. The Role of All-Polyethylene Tibial Components in Modern TKA. The journal of knee surgery 2015 Oct; 28(5).
- Smith D, Zuckerman JD. Bilateral stress fractures of the pubic rami following THA--an unusual case of groin pain. Bulletin of the NYU hospital for joint diseases 2010; 68(1).Featured in the journal of arthroplasty 2015 Oct; 30(10).
- Li R, Smith D, Sambaziotis C, Kim S, Courtney J, Cobelli N. “A Case of Pituitary Apoplexy Following Total Hip Arthroplasty.” Annals of Orthopedics & Rheumatology. 2014; 2(1).
- El-Gazzar Y, Smith DC, Kim SJ, Hirsh DM, Blum Y, Cobelli M, Cohen HW. The use of dermabond® as an adjunct to wound closure after total knee arthroplasty: examining immediate post-operative wound drainage. The Journal of arthroplasty 2013 Apr; 28(4).
Mount Sinai Doctors Orthopedic Surgery
Mount Sinai West Orthopedics
425 West 59th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10019