About Dr. Darius Lin
**ATTENTION HMO Patients please call our practice to schedule an appointment** **Actual availability may vary from online** Dr. Darius Lin is a board certified and fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon, subspecializing in arthroscopy and sports medicine injuries. After graduating summa cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania, he earned his medical degree from the New York University School of Medicine in 2009. He subsequently completed his residency at the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program. He stayed in Boston another year to complete an arthroscopy/sports medicine fellowship at the New England Baptist Hospital, where he was an assistant team physician for the Boston Celtics and Tufts University. He has published in journals such as Journal Bone Joint Surgery and presented at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Lin is excited to be able to contribute to the communities here in Orang County where he grew up and enjoys spending time with his family and two young children in his spare time. He is also fluent in Chinese/Mandarin.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
- Hoag Orthopedic Institute
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - New York University, Doctor of Medicine
- New York Medical College, Internship in Orthopedic Surgery
- Harvard University, Massachusetts General Hospital, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- New England Baptist Hospital, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Awards and publications
- Toussaint RJ, Lin DE, Ehrlichman LK, Ellington JK, Strasser N, Kwon JY. Peroneal tendon dislocation associated with intra-articular calcaneus fractures: An under-appreciated problem. E-Poster for: American Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting; 2012 June 20-23; San Diego, CA.
- Toussaint RJ, Lin DE, Ehrlichman LK, Ellington JK, Strassers N, Kwon JY. Peroneal tendon dislocation associated with intra-articular calcaneus fractures: An under-appreciated problem. Poster session presented at: 28th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association; 2012 October 3-6; Minneapolis, MN.
- Lin DE, Guss D, Abousayed M, Jeng C, Kang S, Ellington JK, Kwon JY. Delay to definitive fixation does not decrease wound complications: Factors predictive for wound complications in the treatment of intra-articular calcaneus fractures. Podium presentation for: 2015 Annual Meeting of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; 2015 March 24-28; Las Vegas, NV.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Dr. Darius Lin's office location
22 Odyssey, Suite 270B
Irvine, CA 92618
Patient reviews for Dr. Darius Lin
He was patient and provided thorough explanations.
It was informative and helpful.
Nice office, no wait time, friendly staff. Dr. Lin was very helpful.
Excellent doctor with an excellent staff.
Dr. Lin was attentive and informative. He answered all our questions.
He is excellent. Professional and gives you great guidelines to deal with your issue. I would highly recommend Dr. Lin to anyone needing his expertise.
Dr. Lin and Staff were wonderful. Dr. Lin was excellent to discuss the problems I was having. He gave me diagnosis and treatment plan and we are moving forward. Everything was explained in detail and easy to understand. Would highly recommend Dr Lin and any questions the staff is very personable. Thanks for finally getting some answers!
He is very professional and friendly!
Dr. Lin took the time to thoroughly explain his diagnosis and to answer all of my questions. Great bedside manner which is rare. His staff members were also friendly and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Lin's practice.
Friendly staff, short wait time, good bed side manner, reasonable diagnosis.
Dr. Lin took the time to thoroughly explain my xrays and treatment plan. I really appreciated his thoughtful review of my history and symptoms. I was very impressed with Dr. Lin!!
It was a really great atmosphere and his assistant was very kind and friendly. I am eager to get my knee issues relived and he definitely will be the one to help, FINALLY!
Dr. Lin was excellent. He was professional, knowledgeable, and kind. I'd wholeheartedly recommend him to all my friends.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Orthopedic Consultation
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Bone Density Measurement / DXA Scan
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Ankle Problems
- Anterior Cruciate Insufficiency
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Back Problems
- Brittle Bones / Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Broken Ribs
- More Procedures
- Aetna Orthopedic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cigna Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Orthopedic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Orthopedic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Orthopedic Surgeons
- More Insurances