Dr. Darius Lin, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist
**ATTENTION HMO Patients please call our practice to schedule an appointment** **Actual availability may vary from online** Dr. Darius Lin is a board certified and fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon, subspecializing in arthroscopy and sports medicine injuries. After graduating summa cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania, he earned his medical degree from the New York University School of Medicine in 2009. He subsequently completed his residency at the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program. He stayed in Boston another year to complete an arthroscopy/sports medicine fellowship at the New England Baptist Hospital, where he was an assistant team physician for the Boston Celtics and Tufts University. He has published in journals such as Journal Bone Joint Surgery and presented at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Lin is excited to be able to contribute to the communities here in Orang County where he grew up and enjoys spending time with his family and two young children in his spare time. He is also fluent in Chinese/Mandarin.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
- Hoag Orthopedic Institute
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - New York University, Doctor of Medicine
- New York Medical College, Internship in Orthopedic Surgery
- Harvard University, Massachusetts General Hospital, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- New England Baptist Hospital, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Awards and publications
- Toussaint RJ, Lin DE, Ehrlichman LK, Ellington JK, Strasser N, Kwon JY. Peroneal tendon dislocation associated with intra-articular calcaneus fractures: An under-appreciated problem. E-Poster for: American Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting; 2012 June 20-23; San Diego, CA.
- Toussaint RJ, Lin DE, Ehrlichman LK, Ellington JK, Strassers N, Kwon JY. Peroneal tendon dislocation associated with intra-articular calcaneus fractures: An under-appreciated problem. Poster session presented at: 28th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association; 2012 October 3-6; Minneapolis, MN.
- Lin DE, Guss D, Abousayed M, Jeng C, Kang S, Ellington JK, Kwon JY. Delay to definitive fixation does not decrease wound complications: Factors predictive for wound complications in the treatment of intra-articular calcaneus fractures. Podium presentation for: 2015 Annual Meeting of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; 2015 March 24-28; Las Vegas, NV.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
22 Odyssey, Suite 270B
Irvine, CA 92618