Dr. David Khalil, MD, FAAD
David Khalil, MD, FAAD, a Yale-trained board certified dermatologist practicing in Manhattan, offers his patients comprehensive care tailored to their individual needs and goals. After graduating from Princeton University with Honors, Dr. Khalil attended Albert Einstein College of Medicine, where he graduated at the top of his class and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He subsequently completed general medicine internship at the Yale-New Haven Hospital where he received the Intern of the Year award. Continuing at Yale, Dr. Khalil trained in all aspects of dermatology including complex medical and aesthetic dermatology. In addition, he conducted a three-year fellowship in cancer immunotherapy at Yale, investigating the crucial role that the immune system can play in the treatment of cancer. Dr. Khalil’s professional interests include procedural dermatology, as well as the detection and treatment of skin cancer. He has published research articles in several peer-reviewed medical journals (e.g., Nature Neuroscience, JAMA Dermatology, Pediatric Dermatology) and presented at national conferences (e.g. National Academy of Sciences, American Academy of Dermatology, Society for Investigative Dermatology). Dr. Khalil is known for being a uniquely thoughtful and patient physician. Our team welcomes you to visit Dr. Khalil for a kind and thorough approach to any aspect of your dermatologic care. **For additional same-day appointment availability please call us.** **New patients, please arrive 15 min early to register.** **If your insurance plan requires a referral (e.g. HMO) please have your primary care doctor in your plan send us a referral prior to your appointment.**
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Doctor of Medicine
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Yale-New Haven Medical Center, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
Awards and publications
- Princeton University Senior Thesis Prize (sponsored by the Class of 1943)
- Khalil D, Glusac E, Subtil A, Choate K, & Tomayko M (2015). A single large annular anesthetic plaque: a case of tuberculoid leprosy. AAD Gross and Microscopic Symposium, San Francisco, CA.
- Mercer SE, Khalil D, Emanuel PO, & Goldenberg G (2010). Verrucous carcinoma masquerading as a giant fibroepithelial polyp. International Journal of Surgical Pathology, 18(5), 347-51.
Lumos Dermatology® (Peter Chien, MD, PLLC)
37 East 28th St, Suite 304
New York, NY 10016