About Dr. David R Edelstein
Dr. David R. Edelstein, an honors graduate of Princeton University, completed medical training at Boston University and his residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center-New York. He is an internationally recognized expert in rhinology, diseases of the paranasal sinuses and minimally invasive CT guided endoscope surgery. He is Chairman of the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, Chief of Nasal and Sinuses Disease and Sleep Disorders at Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital and Chief of Rhinology at Lenox Hill Hospital. Dr. Edelstein is a Clinical Professor of Otorhinolaryngology at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and has appointments at the New York University School of Medicine and the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. He has received many national and local awards for his commitment to patient care.
- Beech Street
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Head & Neck Surgeon
- Bellevue Hospital Center
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- Medical School - Boston University, Doctor of Medicine
- Princeton University (Bachelor’s)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Residency in Otolaryngology
- The Trilogical Society
- American Rhinologic Society
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Awards and publications
- Distinguished Physician Award
- Dr. Edelstein is the Chairman of Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Institute of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital.
- New York Magazine Best Doctor
Dr. David R Edelstein's office location
Manhattan Head and Neck Surgery
1421 Third Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10028
Patient reviews for Dr. David R Edelstein
Dr. Edelstein is literally the only ENT who has gotten my diagnosis for several things correct on the first try; after I had been incorrectly diagnosed by others. BL
EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY & THE DOCTOR WAS MOST PROFESSIONAL & LOVELY!
Dr. Edelstein is an excellent doctor. I went to him for a second opinion and was pleasantly surprised at how thorough he was in his examination and how he took extra time to explain everything to me. While I only have positive things to say about Dr. Edelstein, his office staff in a complete disaster and were terrible with following up, submitting insurance information and seemed dazed and confused anytime i would speak to anyone there.
He was so professional and thorough and I will definitely go back to dr. Edelstein in the future.
Excellent. Very thorough with his findings. Highly recommendable.
The best ENT for me !
I think he is an excellent doctor.
The front desk were amazing, i was running late and they went out of their way to get me in quick so i didnt need to reschedule. The MD was very thorough and realky knew his stuff, i felt very confident working with him and wouldn recommed Dr. Edelstein and crew to anyone.
Dr. Edelstein is incredible! He knows what he's talking about. He's quick. He listens. And he helps you understand what he understands.
It was efficient and detailed. He listened and designed a course of action that was extremely ideal and in line with my own personal health beliefs. Highly recommed him.
Dr. Edelstein is amazing and I highly recommend him. He took his time with me, answered all my questions, and I left feeling positive that he will resolve my health issues.
I've gone to several other ENT's and he's by far the best, the most knowledgeable, and the only one I trust to give me an accurate diagnosis.
He's very good but I had to pay for the visit because he does not participate in my plan, yet everyone else in the office does!! I may be going back to see one of his partners who participates in my Aetna PPO Gold Plus!
I have been going to dr Edelstein for more than 20 Years
He's a problem solver. Asks the right questions and no stone is left unturned.
A thorough examination. A compassionate and caring physician
Dr. Edelstein was thorough, patient, reassuring, and attentive. Outstanding physician!
I've only seen Dr. Edelstein once, but he listens and was very attentive to my problem. It really seemed he wanted to help me get better which is such an important thing for a doctor to convey. He also is very attuned to a patient's needs. I highly recommend.
He has an even-keeled, patient style, and is very comprehensive and thorough in his intake. I feel comfortable and safe with him .
Dr Edelstein is very knowledgeable. He asked me alot of questions to get a better understanding of the issue and then he went to take a look in my throat to find the root of the issue. And he soothe all of my worries. Ill be using him from now on as my ENT doctor. Very satisfied
Dr. Edelestein was excellent. The appointment was thorough and fast.
He was very knowledgeable and very informative and alleviated any concerns that I might have
Dr. Edelstein is a very good doctor. He explains everything thoroughly and answers all your questions.
Outstanding physician in excellent well run office with pleasant efficient staff!
Office always seems to be hectic and delayed Doctor is attentive and thorough....believe he knows his stuff
Here is extremely thorough and a great listener. Strong Recommend.
Excellent appointment. Excellent Audiologist as well. Highly recommended!
The doctor treat me very well also there were a problem with my booking with ZocDoc he still took me between 2 patients, which I appreciated. The Doctor was professional and listened to all my questions and concerns. I was been seeing so many ENT doctors before and none manage to solve my problem but he did, I feel much better now.
Fantastic doctor! Very knowledgeable, courteous, and warm
i thought the examination very thorough
He was incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, and very thorough, and just from conversing with him about my problems I felt at ease.
I think Doctor Edelstein is informative and makes his patients feel comfortable, and takes the time to talk in a manner which is clear and understanding. I feel lucky to have been recommended to him.
Clearly a world class expert. The best.
One of the best. With make questions & answers that were right on.
Very professional and informative.
Overall great experience. He was very thorough and gave me plenty of time to go over history and details.
he was very thorough and professional. his staff was very nice.
He is great.
Dr. Edelstein was very caring and thoughtful about how to go about finding the proper solution for a chronic sinus problem. I feel very hopeful for the first time that this problem can be solved & he will continue to work with me until it is resolved.
It was fine....I was looking for second opinion.
efficient, thorough--took an extended amount of time very late in the day despite a busy morning with multiple surgeries.
Extremely knowledgeable and professional.
Dr. Edelstein and his office staff are nothing but superior. After filling out forms for my first visit, I was immediately taken for an extensive hearing test with the audiologist. Once finished, I waited only 5 minutes for Dr. E. He was very personable, asked A LOT of questions, sincerely listened to my answers, and is exceptionally sensitive to musicians and their needs.
- Atlanta, GA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Austin, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Chicago, IL Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Dallas, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Denver, CO Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Houston, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Jersey City, NJ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Los Angeles, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- New York, NY Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Philadelphia, PA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Phoenix, AZ Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Antonio, TX Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Diego, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- San Francisco, CA Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Washington, DC Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Airway Stenosis
- Head and Neck Cancer Screening
- Head and Neck Reconstruction
- Head and Neck Trauma
- Head Injury
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Head Surgery Consultation
- Head Surgery Follow Up
- Laryngeal Microsurgery
- Laryngeal Videostroboscopy
- Neck Deformation / Torticollis
- Neck Mass
- Neck Pain
- Neck Problems
- Neck Surgery Consultation
- More Procedures
- Aetna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Cigna Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- More Insurances