Dr. Demetrios Georgiou, MD, FACC, FAHA
Dr. Georgiou is a highly-experienced cardiovascular specialist with top-tier training. He founded Astoria Cardiovascular Services, P.C., a state of the art facility, and has been serving the community for the last ten years. As an expert in his field, Dr. Georgiou has published over forty original studies and book chapters on the subjects of stress echocardiography, resting echocardiography and nuclear stress cardiac imaging. He has received numerous awards, and is an elected Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, the American Heart Association and the American College of Physicians. Dr. Georgiou is also a consultant for the American Heart Association, and is currently Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine in the Division of Cardiology at Columbia University, New York.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
- Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
Education and training
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Fellowship in Cardiology
- Medical School - Università degli Studi di Bologna Scuola di Medicina e Chirurgia
- Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Residency)
- Cook County Hospital, Fellowship in Cardiology
- Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
Astoria Cardiovascular Services, P.C.
35-03 31st Avenue
Long Island City, NY 11106