Dr. Diego Herbstein, MD
Diego Herbstein is a considerate and compassionate neurologist serving the community of New York, NY. Dr. Herbstein attended the Universidad de Buenos Aires Facultad de Medicina, where he received his medical degree, and completed his internship at University Hospital, Buenos Aires. He then completed his residency in neurology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, and a fellowship in clinical neuropathology at Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital. Dr. Herbstein is a part of NY Neurological Associates. He is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Because Dr. Herbstein is fluent in English, Spanish, French, and Italian, patients from a variety of backgrounds enjoy having him as their physician. He gives each patient his focused attention, and he prides himself on delivering the best treatment available. Dr. Herbstein is devoted to ensuring the longevity of his patients’ health and developing long-lasting relationships with them. He takes his time to understand symptoms and give correct diagnoses to ensure the continued health of all his patients.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad de Buenos Aires Facultad de Medicina
- University Hospital, Buenos Aires (Internship)
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Residency in Neurology
- Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital, Fellowship in Clinical Neuropathology
Awards and publications
- 1976- Appointed as the first Director of the Division of Neurology at Booth Memorial Medical Center, today known as New York Presbyterian Hospital-Queens.
- Was appointed Director of the Neurology Service at the Albert Einstein College Hospital.
NY Neurological Associates
Weill Cornell Medicine
162 E. 78th St
New York, NY 10075