Dr. Donald J. Rose, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Rose is a nationally and internationally recognized specialist in the field of sports and dance injuries, extensively publishing and lecturing both in the United States and abroad. He has served as the founding Director of the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases since 1988. Dr. Rose has served as the Company Orthopaedic Consultant for several dance companies including Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, Martha Graham, Dance Theatre of Harlem, and Cedar Lake. Dr. Rose is an Orthopaedic Consultant to the National Football League, as well as for Cirque du Soleil, Joyce Theatre, City Center Theatre, S.U.N.Y. Purchase, and the United Nations Medical Services. Dr. Rose has served as the New York Medical Director for the Women's Professional Volleyball Association Tour. He is the 1997 recipient of the prestigious Dance Library of Israel Documents of Dance Award. Dr. Rose was honored as the 2002 recipient of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Distinguished Alumnus Award. He has been listed as a "Top Doctor" by New York Magazine and Castle Connolly. Dr. Rose holds a Clinical Associate Professorship of Orthopaedic Surgery at NYU School of Medicine. He serves on the Sports Medicine Service at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Department. At NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, he is Director of Ambulatory Surgery, has served as a member of the Executive Committee, is Chairman of the Ambulatory Surgery Standardization Committee, and is past President of the Alumni Association. Dr. Rose is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons, and is an active member of several professional societies.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute
- New York University Elaine A. and Kenneth G. Langone Medical Center
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Doctor of Medicine
- Hospital for Joint Diseases, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Cornell University (Bachelor’s)
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Temple University Hospital, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
Awards and publications
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Distinguished Alumnus Award
- "Top Doctor" by New York Magazine and Castle Connolly
- Epstein, D.M., Rose, D.J., Philippon, M.J.: Arthroscopic management of recurrent low-energy anterior hip dislocation in a dancer, AM J SPORTS MED 20(10): 1-5, 2010
RYC Orthopaedics, P.C.
1095 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10128