Dr. Douglas Murray, MD
Shoulder & Elbow Surgeon, Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Murray specializes in Shoulder and elbow fracture treatment, rotator cuff disease, shoulder arthroscopy, and shoulder replacements. He joined Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic in 2003. Dr. Murray is now serving as a team physician for the Gwinnett Braves. He also provides Orthopedic coverage for the Georgia State University baseball and softballs teams, and The Lovett School. Dr. Murray received his B.S. in Mathematics in 1993 from the University of the South (Sewanee) where he also played baseball. He received his MD from Emory University School of Medicine in 1997. Dr. Murray completed his internship at Georgia Baptist Medical Center in 1998 and his orthopedic training at Atlanta Medial Center in 2002. Dr. Murray completed a fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow surgery at the Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York. This fellowship focused on shoulder reconstruction including shoulder replacements and fractures as well as the arthroscopic repair of rotator cuff tears and shoulder instability. Dr. Murray served as the Assistant Team Physician for the New York Mets baseball team and was also the Assistant Team Physician for New York University. Dr. Murray served as a faculty member at the Orthopedic Learning Center in Rosemont, Illinois in 2008 and 2009 where he spoke on the arthroscopic management of the rotator cuff. He also served as president of the Georgia Shoulder and Elbow Society in 2010 and 2011, and gave presentations at the meetings in 2009 - 2014 covering topics including partial-thickness rotator cuff tears, ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction, complications of shoulder arthroscopy, clavicle fratures, and shoulder instability. **Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, remember to bring your photo ID along with insurance card. If you need to cancel or reschedule the appointment please do so 24 hours prior to avoid cancellation fee.**
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Shoulder & Elbow Surgeon
- Northside Hospital
- Shepherd Center
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Atlanta Medical Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Georgia Baptist Medical Center (Internship)
- Medical School - Emory University, Doctor of Medicine
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute, Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Georgia Orthopedic Society
- Georgia Shoulder and Elbow Society
Awards and publications
- "Arthroscopic versus Mini-Open Rotator Cuff Repair, Outcome Assessment." DH Murray MD, T Youm MD, AS Rokito MD, JD Zuckerman MD. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 15:455, 2005.
- "Four-part fractures and dislocations." Murray DH and Zuckerman JD. In: Zuckerman JD and Koval KJ, Shoulder Fractures: The Practical Guide to Management. New York: Thieme 2005.
- "Interfragmentary Suture Fixation for Displaced Acute Type II Distal Clavicle Fractures" Duralde XA, Pennington SD, Murray DH. Journal of Orthopedic Trauma 2014; 28(11):653-8.
5505 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 600
Atlanta, GA 30342
3870 Pleasant Hill Road, Suite 1
Duluth, GA 30096
3200 Downwood Cir NW, Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30327