Dr. Edward Shin, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist
My goal is to provide timely, professional, and cutting edge care for specialized treatment of the shoulder, hip and knee. I utilize the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques to provide the best care for sports injuries such as labral tears in the hip, ACL and meniscus tears in the knee, and rotator cuff injuries in the shoulder. I also treat more advanced joint pathology with partial and complete joint replacement when necessary. At my practice, we serve as leaders in the innovation of Orthopaedic surgical treatment with nationally recognized and award winning research in arthroscopic treatment of shoulder and knee injuries. Our team works hard to provide each patient with the respect and attention that we would give to our own families.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine Specialist
Education and training
- Medical School - University of California, Davis, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, Davis, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- University of California, Los Angeles (Bachelor’s)
- University of California, San Francisco, Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy
Awards and publications
- Scholarship, Christian Medical and Dental Association, awarded for medical work done in Guatemala and Africa clinics
- Giza E, Shin EC, Wong SE, Acevedo JI, Mangone PG, Olson K, Anderson MJ., Arthroscopic suture anchor repair of the lateral ligament ankle complex: a cadaveric study. Am J Sports Med. 2013 Nov;41(11):2567-72.
- Paul R. Lipscomb Award, awarded for outstanding achievement by medical student in Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America Top 10 Posters Annual Meeting, Poor Agreement on Classification and Treatment of Subscapularis Tears, Shin EC.
- Eugene M. Wolf Travelling Fellowship Award for Advanced Arthroscopic Training in Hip and Shoulder Arthroscopy, 2013-2014
450 Sutter Street, Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94108