About Dr. Ellen Lafargue
Dr. Ellen Lafargue, chosen by The Hearing Review as one of the country's best hearing healthcare professionals, specializes in state-of-the-art hearing device evaluation and fitting for adults and is widely regarded as one of the most skilled audiologists working with adults in the tri-state area. Dr. Lafargue is the assistant executive director at the Center for Hearing and Communication (CHC) where she has practiced audiology since 1983 and currently leads a team of six audiologists. She received her master's degree in audiology in 1983 from Hunter College of the City University of New York and her doctor of audiology degree in 2003 from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry. Formerly an adjunct faculty member at NYU and Kean College in New Jersey, Dr. Lafargue is certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and licensed by the states of New York and New Jersey. She is thrilled to have been named one of 2012's best hearing healthcare professionals by The Hearing Review, an honor given to just three individuals practicing in Manhattan.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Education and training
- Salus University, Doctor of Audiology
- City University of New York, Hunter College, Master’s in Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Awards and publications
- 2012 Presenter, 2nd International Conference on Adult Hearing Screening, Lake Como, Italy
- One of 2012's Best Hearing Healthcare Professionals by The Hearing Review
- American Sign Language
Dr. Ellen Lafargue's office location
Center for Hearing and Communication
50 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Patient reviews for Dr. Ellen Lafargue
Very pleasant dr. She explained everything she was doing and the results.
I've been a client of Dr. Lafargue for almost 30 years. Even though my hearing loss progressed from moderate to profound in that period of time, she keeps me communicating.
I liked the way in which everything was clearly explained and my questions were answered by Dr. Lafargue. I found her very pleasant and considerate.
Ellen Lafargue has been my audiologist for 30+ years. She has kept me communicating even though my hearing continues to deteriorate.
She was excellent
She was patient, frank, systematic, and thorough.
She was very thorough and helpful.
Dr Lafargue was on time with her appointment and very professional. She took the time to explain hearing aid options and answered all concerns. I felt at ease with her and decided to go with her to get my hearing aid. She was sensative to my needs and I recommend her services to all.
Dr. Lafargue is very knowledgeable, professional, and courteous. She cares for her clients.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Hearing Problems / Ringing in Ears
- Audiology Consultation
- Audiology Follow Up
- Auditory Evoked Potentials
- Bone Conduction Implant
- Cochlear Implant
- Damage to the Ear and Disease of the Ear
- Ear Infection
- Ear Mold
- Ear Wax Cleaning
- Evaluation for Cochlear Implant
- Hearing Loss
- Hearing Screening
- More Procedures
- Aetna Audiologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Audiologists
- Cigna Audiologists
- UnitedHealthcare Audiologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Audiologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Audiologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Audiologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Audiologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Audiologists
- More Insurances