Dr. Evan Hawkins, MD
Evan Hawkins is a reliable and compassionate orthopedic surgeon serving the community of Newburgh, NY. Dr. Hawkins attended Tulane University, where he received his medical degree, and completed his internship in surgery and residency in orthopedic surgery at Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center. He also completed a fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital. Dr. Hawkins is a part of Crystal Run Healthcare. Dr. Hawkins enjoys giving back to his community and has participated in many volunteer activities, including volunteering at Bridgehouse clinic and also served as a research volunteer at Georgetown University. He has received the Research Day Award, at the St. Luke’s department of orthopaedic surgery. Dr. Hawkins is sensitive to the uniqueness of each patient's situation and adapts his consultations and treatment options appropriately to accommodate individual needs and concerns.
- Orthopedic Surgeon
Education and training
- Medical School - Tulane University, Doctor of Medicine
- Lenox Hill Hospital, Fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Internship in Surgery
- Freeman School of Business, Master’s in Business Administration
- University of Pennsylvania (Bachelor’s)
Awards and publications
- Unis DB, Hawkins EJ, Alapatt MF, Benitez CL. Postoperative Changes In The Tensor Fascia Lata Muscle After Using The Modified Anterolateral Approach For Total Hip Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2012 Dec 17.
- Imai Y, Patel HR, Hawkins EJ. Insulin secretion is increased in pancreatic islets of neuropeptide Y-deficient mice. Endocrinology. 2007 Dec; 148(120:5716-23.
- Patel HR, Qi Y, Hawkins EJ. Neuropeptide Y deficiency attenuates responses to fasting and high-fat diet in obesity-prone mice. Diabetes. 2006 Nov;55(11):3091-8.
- Hawkins EJ. Neuropeptide Y deficiency reduces diet-induced obesity and hyperglycemia in mice. Pennscience journal of undergradute research. 2003;2(1)
- Research Day Award, St. Luke's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Crystal Run Healthcare
1200 Route 300
Newburgh, NY 12550