Dr. Giovanna Rodriguez, MD
Giovanna Rodriguez is a concerned and attentive endocrinologist serving the community of Birmingham, AL. Dr. Rodriguez obtained her medical degree from the Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences. She also completed her residency in internal medicine at New York Methodist Hospital. Additionally, she completed a fellowship in endocrinology at the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center. She completed her bachelor's at the University of Miami. Dr. Rodriguez is a part of Brookwood Specialty Care - Endocrinology. She is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Rodriguez is a member of the Endocrine Society. Because she is bilingual in English and Spanish, patients from a variety of backgrounds enjoy having her as their physician. Dr. Rodriguez gives each patient her focused attention, and she prides herself on delivering the best treatment available. She is committed to helping her patients enjoy a healthier lifestyle. She works with each one to discuss ways they can make better choices for their health.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Doctor of Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Fellowship in Endocrinology
- New York Methodist Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Miami (Bachelor’s)
- Endocrine Society
Awards and publications
- Jaime L. Matta, Giovanna Rodriguez, Jaime Villa, and Abigail Ruiz (2010) The Role of DNA Repair Capacity in Melanoma Skin Cancer Risk in a Population Chronically Exposed to High Levels of Sunlight. The Ochsner Journal: Summer 2010, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 75-82.
- Rullan, Muriel, Rodriguez. Skin cancer awareness and behavior risk assessment in Hispanics. Caribbean Journal of Dermatology and Therapeutics. 2008.
- American Pharmacist Association Annual Meeting, March 2016. Retrospective Analysis of Statin Titration versus Initiation at High-Moderate Intensity Dosing to Achieve Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) Goals in the Veteran Population.
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Research Fellowship
- Dr. Rodriguez is certified in Basic Life Support.
Brookwood Specialty Care - Endocrinology
513 Brookwood Blvd, BMP 400
Birmingham, AL 35209