Dr. Gregory Hamon, MD, FACS
Dr. Gregory Hamon is a caring and diligent surgeon serving the community of San Antonio, TX. Dr. Hamon attended the University of Texas, Southwestern, where he received his medical degree. He completed his internship and residency in general surgery at Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center. He also completed his residency in robotic surgery at the University of California, San Diego. He continued his training by completing a fellowship in surgical immunology and wound healing at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Hamon is a part of St. Luke's Surgical Care and is affiliated with Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, TX. He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery. He is a member of the American College of Surgeons, the American College of Phlebology, and the Texas Medical Association. Dr. Hamon received the AFCR Young Investigator Award, Baumberger Endowment, and Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholarship. During his consultations, Dr. Hamon fully explains patients’ conditions and helps them choose an appropriate treatment plan. All patients seeking treatment from Dr. Hamon will need to obtain a PCP referral.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Methodist Hospital
- American Board of Surgery
Education and training
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Residency in General Surgery
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Trinity University (Bachelor’s)
- Medical School - University of Texas, Southwestern, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, San Francisco, Fellowship in Surgical Immunology and Wound Healing
- University of California, San Diego, Residency in Robotic Surgery
- American College of Phlebology
- American College of Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
Awards and publications
- NIH Trauma Training Research Fellowship 12/92 - 6/94
- Hamon GA, RH Mulloy, G Chen, C Birkcnmaicr, JK Horn, Transforming Growth Factor-Beta lowers the CD 14 Content of Peripheral Blood- Monocytes. Journal of Surgical Research 57, 574-578 (1994).
- Hamon GA, TK Hunt and EM Spencer. In vivo effects of Insulin-like Growth Factor-I alone and Complexed to Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein-3 on Corticosteroid Suppressed Wounds, Growth Regulation, 1993 Mar, 3(1):53-6.
St. Luke's Surgical Care
7940 Floyd Curl Dr
San Antonio, TX 78229