Dr. Grigoriy Gurvits, MD
Dr. Grigoriy Gurvits is a gastroenterologist treating patients in New York City and the surrounding communities. He holds certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine in internal medicine and gastroenterology. Dr. Gurvits is also a member of professional organizations including the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Society for the Study of Liver Diseases, and the Medical Society of the State of New York. For his undergraduate degree, Dr. Gurvits attended Pace University. He pursued his medical degree at the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center. Dr. Gurvits continued his medical education at the New York Medical College and St. Vincent Hospital and Medical Center. Here, he completed an internship program, received internal medicine residency training, and completed a fellowship program in gastroenterology. Dr. Gurvits has also completed fellowship programs in transplant hepatology and gastroenterology at the Mount Sinai Hospital. Patients visiting Dr. Gurvits can receive a full range of gastroenterology services. His areas of expertise include the treatment of colonic polyps, peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, intestinal infections, and Crohn’s disease. Screenings for colon cancer and general consultations are also available.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- New York University Elaine A. and Kenneth G. Langone Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Pace University (Bachelor’s)
- New York Medical College, Saint Vincent’s Medical Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- New York Medical College, Saint Vincent’s Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Fellowship in Transplant Hepatology
- Medical School - State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center
- New York Medical College, Saint Vincent’s Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Medical Society of the State of New York
Awards and publications
- Gurvits GE. Acute Oesophageal Necrosis . In Print. Int J Surg.
- Resident of the Year Award, St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center 2007
- Gurvits GE. - A walk in the Snow: Boerhaave Syndrome. In Print. J Gasto Hepatol
- Gurvits GE. Black Esophagus: Acute Esophageal Necrosis Syndrome. In Print. World J Gastroenterol.
- Healing Hands Physician Award, St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center 2009
NYU Gastroenterology Associates
240 East 38th Street, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10016