About Hannah Sido
Welcome! Balanced Awakening is exclusively for the unique psychotherapy needs of women and teen girls. We help girls and women overcome a wide range of difficulties throughout the lifespan to live more full, happy, and engaged lives. *Please note that most appointments are currently for Dr. Sido’s compassionate and effective Postdoctoral Resident team which includes Dr. Kristin Ridder, Dr. Heather Kallman and Dr. Mary Madrake. Schedule is as follows: 4043 N Ravenswood office: Tuesday - 11a-2p Dr Ridder, 2p-8p Dr. Kallman Wednesday - Dr. Madrake Thursday - Dr. Kallman Friday - Dr. Madrake Saturday - Dr. Madrake 5215 N Ravenswood office: Tuesday - Dr. Madrake Thursday - Dr. Madrake Saturday - Dr. Kallman 25 E Washington office: Monday - Dr. Ridder Thursday- Dr. Ridder Friday - Dr. Kallman Dr. Ridder, Dr. Kallman, and Dr. Madrake are psychotherapists at Balanced Awakening who see female clients, typically in their 20s to 40s, who are motivated to make positive changes in their lives. Dr. Kallman also specializes in working with teen girls (13-17 years old). We utilize evidence based psychotherapies (meaning, research shows they work!) such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), and Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP). Dr. Madrake also does EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). We will send you a confirmation email upon booking an appointment which outlines office policies, office information, and an opportunity to verify your insurance prior to your session. *Please note our missed session policy. If you need to cancel an appointment, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time to avoid the missed session fee
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
Education and training
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, PsyD in Clinical Psychology
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Master’s in Clinical Psychology
- Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital, Residency in Psychology
- Friends Hospital, Internship in Psychology
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
Awards and publications
- Kelly, M. M, Sido, H., Forsyth, J., Ziedonis, D., Kalman, D, & Cooney, J. (2015). Acceptance and commitment therapy smoking cessation treatment for veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder: a pilot study. Journal of Dual Diagnosis, 11(1), 50-55.
Hannah Sido's office locations
Balanced Awakening PC
5215 N Ravenswood Ave, Suite 208
Chicago, IL 60640
Balanced Awakening PC
4043 N Ravenswood Ave, Suite 302
Chicago, IL 60613
Balanced Awakening PC
25 E Washington St, Suite 1808
Chicago, IL 60602
Patient reviews for Hannah Sido, PsyD
Dr. Sido is warm and empathic, and made me feel comfortable from the very beginning.
Hannah is immediately welcoming, and gives me her full attention. She seems genuinely interested in me, and my well-being.
Dr. Sido is very attentive and kind. She listens well and provides feedback. She was very professional and approachable; trustworthy. She went through the process, forms, etc. in great detail.
Excited to work with her. Dr. Sido seems attentive, thoughtful, and engaged.
Hannah made me feel comfortable right away. She gave me good advice during our first meeting and I'm looking forward to seeing her again soon!
Hannah made me feel very comfortable in our first meeting. I look forward to working with her more.
I enjoyed my visit, she made me feel very comfortable, I will continue to use DR. Sido!
I have seen Dr. Sido in her office as well as online for therapy. Dr. Sido is a great listener and is very compassionate about helping me reach my goals. My experiences with her have been nothing but positive. I definitely plan on continuing to see her. I highly recommend Dr. Sido!
Highly recommend. Friendly and easy to talk to, but still maintains professionalism.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Pre-Move In Couples Counseling
- Academic Psychology Testing
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cognitive Therapy
- Couples Conflict Resolution
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- Cigna Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychologists
- More Insurances