About Dr. Ira Zaltz
A renowned pediatric orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Ira Zaltz attended the University of Pennsylvania, where he received his medical degree. He further completed an internship in surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital, followed by a residency in orthopedic surgery at the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program. He is also fellowship trained in pediatric orthopedic surgery and scoliosis surgery at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. Dr. Zaltz currently resides in Detroit, MI, where he is a part of the Children's Hospital of Michigan - Pediatric Ortho. A caring individual, he strives to make each patient’s visit a pleasant and pain-free experience. He is affable and reassuring during his consultations with kids and their parents. Dr. Zaltz is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a zealous researcher, with authorial credits in numerous esteemed publications. He is also an active member of many medical societies, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society Of North America, and the Michigan Orthopaedic Society.
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Pennsylvania, Doctor of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University (Bachelor's)
- Harvard University, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Internship in Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery and Scoliosis Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Michigan Orthopaedic Society
Awards and publications
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1985
- Merck Award in Chemistry, 1986
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1990
- Zaltz I, Waters PM, Kasser J. Ulnar Nerve Instability in Children, Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 16 (5), 567-569, 1996
- Zaltz I, Zhang B, Yang M, Yu C, Les C, Gibson G. Molecular Mechanisms of Staple Epiphyseodesis, Trans. Orth. Res. Soc., vol. 27, Dallas, TX, 2002
Dr. Ira Zaltz's office location
Children's Hospital of Michigan - Pediatric Ortho
3901 Beaubien St, 1st Floor
Detroit, MI 48201
Patient reviews for Dr. Ira Zaltz
Dr Zaltz and everyone we encountered were not only professional but kind and caring
Too many traffics coming here, and sometime trafic jam.
Very satisfied. Excellent.
I always appreciate how quickly were seen - no long wait time in the lobby or in the room. Dr. Zaltz is efficient w/ out feeling rushed.
Very nice facility, quick & efficient. Doctor was very nice & the visit was great!
It was wonderfull.
Very efficient staff.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Arm Fracture
- Congenital Orthopedic Problem
- Foot or Ankle Fracture
- Hand Fracture
- Joint Dislocations
- Leg Fracture
- Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease
- Pediatric Ankle Pain
- Pediatric Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Pediatric Back Pain
- Pediatric Bunion
- Pediatric Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Pediatric Elbow Surgery
- Pediatric Foot or Ankle Fracture
- Pediatric Foot Pain
- More Procedures