About Dr. Jana Preis
* Infectious Disease Associates of New York has a strict 24 hour cancellation policy * Dr. Jana Preis is a board certified and compassionate physician with weekend office hours in Forest Hills, NY. “As an infectious disease specialist, I pursue a ‘Sherlock Holmes’ approach to diagnosis and treatment. A key aspect is a thorough, detailed patient history. I add diagnostic connections with physical exam, test results, and reports from other professionals to find answers and to develop a plan to treat the whole patient. I involve patients actively during medical care and value their input.” Dr. Preis completed undergraduate and graduate training at The George Washington University. She completed clinical training in infectious disease and epidemiology at Yale University School of Medicine. Her areas of expertise cover all areas of infectious disease, including treatment and prevention of infections in immunocompromised patients, such as patients with history of malignancies, primary and secondary immunodeficiency, pre- and post- transplant recipients, and HIV. Dr. Preis also offers travel medicine consultations. She serves on the editorial boards of three infectious disease journals and has over ten years of experience in medical media and journalism. Dr. Preis is actively involved in clinical research and academic medical education. Dr. Preis enjoys travel, classical music and impressionist art, and describes her family as “happy and loud." Please kindly note this office location does not accept credit cards. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Infectious Disease Specialist
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Ross University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Maimonides Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Yale University, Fellowship in Infectious Disease and Clinical Epidemiology
- George Washington University, Master’s in Public Health and Epidemiology
Dr. Jana Preis's office location
Infectious Diseases Center
101-24 Queens Blvd, Suite A
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Patient reviews for Dr. Jana Preis
Dr Preis is the best, most detailed and caring. She really cares and wants you better. You are treated like her own family when seen by her as a patient.
Dr Preis is excellent. The wait to see her can sometimes be quite long, BUT when it’s your turn to consult with her you have plenty of time and are never rushed. Dr Preis is attentive through and super intellect and super well educated. Highly recommended
Dr Preis is so detailed and leaves no stone uncovered in searching for the causes and diagnosis of your condition. She treats every patient as if they were her own immediate family. The wait to see her might be a bit long, but it is so worth it for a quality doctor who really cares and will treat you with respect and is so caring.
She's wonderful. I love her.
The wait isn’t the best but I scheduled during a busy hr (7pm on a weekday). Honestly, Dr. Preis was worth the wait. I adore her honesty, knowledge, thoroughness and demeanor. She’s a great dr who I had to see after her great work with my fiancé! Neither of us ever like doctors but we’d both HIGHLY recommend her
Just had a follow up visit with the wonderful, caring, knowledgeable Dr Preis. As always, she is awesome. Highly recommended.
She is great. Very caring. If she spent a little more time and responsive to follow up questions or calls it would have been more perfect but she is great. Will trust her judgment.
amazing Doctor, my visit was smooth and excellent. Dr. Preis really took her time with me and actually listen to all my concerns.
Excellent bedside service, she listened to my concerns very well. She’s very smart I do recommend 100% no doubts.
Had my first visit today, and Dr.Preis is already one of my favorite doctors!
Excellent physician with a caring bedside manner. She is thorough while being efficient.
Very professional, great bed side manners, answer all questions
Dr Preis is never in a rush, and is very thorough, you might wait a short time to see her, but its well worth the wait, since she will give you all the time you need. Quality medical provider of the highest order. Five star, VIP, high end, top shelf personalized medical care. The best of the best.
She is very thorough addressed all my concerns.
Very thorough asked relevant questions put you at ease
We were very pleased and felt confident that the our situation was being professionally handled.
Doctor Price was amazing, very thorough and detailed. Did all the tests and referrals. The best doctor I have ever seen!
Very through and detailed, Dr Preis is always patient and caring. Highly recommended !!
Dr. Preis is wonderful. She takes her time with and really makes sure her patients understand everything they could possibly want to know. Her style reminds me of when doctors really cared...30 years ago! I wholeheartedly recommend her and am so glad to have found her.
As with my first appointment, fabulous all around!!
Dr. Preis was thorough and concise. She requested previous medical records and ordered new bloodwork and lab tests to cross reference the results in order to provide the most accurate evaluation and diagnosis. Treatment began immediately.
Dr Preis was able to address my concerns and answer all my questions.
Absolutely the BEST of the BEST . So smart, so educated, so knowledgeable. i wish all doctors were as great as Dr Preis !
Not like any other clinic I’ve visited, the front desk woman was kind and polite. The wait was a while, I didn’t mind because I did go in 30 mins late not being able to find the place. The Dr, herself was knowledgeable, was attentive to my symptoms knowing what to do. She made me feel at ease and finally a feeling of relief that someone understood me for once. She is genuine and kind hearted, I look forward to going back and recommend this kind soul!
One of the best doctors I have ever visited. Would highly recommend!
The front desk receptionist was rude and snarky - We got eye rolls, a very condescending tone and a really rude way of explaining what the proper office procedure was. We brought the receptionist's behavior to doctor Preis' attention. We told her that the receptionist was very unprofessional and her response was "I don't think so" I don't think so" If the doctor allows that kind of behavior, it makes me think much less of the practice. Also, the Dr. herself had poor interpersonal skills and poor bedside manner. Overall it was a not a positive experience. We will not be going back there.
I found Dr Preis here on Zocdoc and went her due to the excellent ratings. I was not disappointed. She is truly Fabulous. She is a great Doctor who gives you the time and attention that you deserve.
Dr. Preis was wonderful (great bedside manner) and helped me feel at ease with a bite I had gotten while camping. Saw I was still a little worried and even sent me to go get some tests done just to make sure nothing was wrong even though I was most likely fine. I did wait a long time and it was cash/check only so I had to go to the bank to get money out (wasn’t an issue though because the bank was across the street) but I wish I had known prior.
Very friendly and informative. Answers questions and spends time with you.
Incredibly thorough. After my first visit I sense that I will get to the bottom of what's going on with me.
Always a fast and knowledgeable visit in Dr. Preis’s office.
Dr Pries is truly one of the best doctors I have ever seen.
Dr. Preis is an excellent, professional doctor. I would wait as long as necessary to see her. Dr. Preis is warm, caring, knowledgeable, and a great listener. I am fortunate to have found her.
She is amazing, exactly the doctor I’ve been looking for, very happy with my visit.
So awesome and detailed . I really felt comfortable going to see her. I will return again.
Dr Preis is truly a 5 star doctor in my book ! Treating with Dr Preis is like getting VIP 1st Class care. I wish all my other Doctors were as intelligent, personable and courteous as Dr Preis. I have been her patient for an ongoing condition and every time I return for a follow up visit , Dr Preis is attentive, answers all my questions and explains everything in full detail. She wants her patients to learn and be educated of her recommendations and their condition. Additionally she is so extremely knowledgeable and well educated in her field.
By far one of the most competent Doctors in NYC. What a waste of time and money going elsewhere. See Dr Preis!!!
Dr. Preis was very professional, personable, and extremely friendly. She put me at ease while making me laugh at the same time. I would recommend her to anyone! She was wonderful.
Dr. Preis is the answer to my prayers! I've had chronic stomach pain for the past 13 years with no diagnosis. I'm also mentally ill and I've been to a long string of doctors who have written me off as crazy instead of really paying attention to what I was saying. Dr. Preis really wants to help me and is going to great lengths to do so. I was almost in tears today I was so happy to have found someone who genuinely listened and believed me. I can't recommend her enough.
Dr Preis is truely the best !! I have been her patient for over a year and she has helped me so much. She really CARES
I believe Dr. Preis, she is always in a rush. I believe she is overbooked. I don't feel as if I'm getting the best quality of care.
Dr. Preis is extremely thorough and has excellent bedside manners. It was my first appointment and I can already see that she really cares about her patients’ health. She is checking every angle to ensure that everything is assessed to prescribe a treatment plan. Highly recommend!
Such a wonderful and humorous doctor...felt so comfortable with her. Highly recommended
I had a bit of a hard time locating the office at first. When I got there I was seen immediately by Dr. Preis. Overall, good bed side manners. Thank you, Dr. Preis.
By far the best doctor I have ever been to. She listens, cares and is extremely knowledgeable. There is not a quantity over quality approach with her and it has done more than she will ever know for my family.
Dr. Jana is very good exceeded my expectations in dealing with my health issues I would highly recommend her.
Dr. Preis was amazing. Very sweet and personable and incredibly informative. She obviously takes special interests in her patients and cares deeply for their well being. Highly HIGHLY recommended.
Dr. Preis was very nice. I went in for an annual physical and she ordered every test in the bokk. I appreciated that as the other PCP's I have seen only order basic. She listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions.
If you are going in for an annual workup she does not draw blood in the office. She will send you to the lab, quest diagnostic. She is a very nice person and asked a ton of questions which I really appreciated. Did not feel rushed at all.
Didn’t like that I had a 9am appointment and the office didn’t open until 9:15
- Atlanta, GA Infectious Disease Specialists
- Austin, TX Infectious Disease Specialists
- Chicago, IL Infectious Disease Specialists
- Dallas, TX Infectious Disease Specialists
- Denver, CO Infectious Disease Specialists
- Houston, TX Infectious Disease Specialists
- Jersey City, NJ Infectious Disease Specialists
- Los Angeles, CA Infectious Disease Specialists
- New York, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Philadelphia, PA Infectious Disease Specialists
- Phoenix, AZ Infectious Disease Specialists
- San Antonio, TX Infectious Disease Specialists
- San Diego, CA Infectious Disease Specialists
- San Francisco, CA Infectious Disease Specialists
- Washington, DC Infectious Disease Specialists
- More Locations
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Anal Warts / Condyloma
- Chicken Pox
- Chickenpox (Varicella) Vaccine
- Clostridium Difficile Colitis
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- More Procedures
- Aetna Infectious Disease Specialists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Infectious Disease Specialists
- Cigna Infectious Disease Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Infectious Disease Specialists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Infectious Disease Specialists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Infectious Disease Specialists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Infectious Disease Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Infectious Disease Specialists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Infectious Disease Specialists
- More Insurances