Dr. Jason Stroud, MD
Family Physician, Primary Care Doctor
Jason Stroud is a detail-oriented and reliable family physician caring for the Mt. Pleasant, SC community. Dr. Stroud attended the Medical University of South Carolina, where he earned his degree in medicine. He completed his master’s in bioengineering at Clemson University. He also completed his residency in family medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina and residency in general surgery at the University of Kentucky. Dr. Stroud is a part of East Cooper Coastal Family Physicians. He is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, Charleston County Medical Society, South Carolina Medical Association, and the American College of Sports Medicine. Dr. Stroud’s medical experience is vast and impressive. His areas of special interest include basic life support and advanced cardiac life support. Dr. Stroud is committed to helping his patients enjoy a healthier lifestyle. He works with each one to discuss ways they can make better choices for their health.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Family Physician
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Medical University of South Carolina, Doctor of Medicine
- Clemson University (Bachelor’s)
- Clemson University, Master’s in Bioengineering
- Medical University of South Carolina, Residency in Family Medicine
- University of Kentucky, Residency in General Surgery
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Charleston County Medical Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
Awards and publications
- Majeski J., Stroud J. Malignant Phyllodes Tumors of the Breast: A Study in Clinical Practice . April, 97(2): 95-98, 2012.. International Surgery. 2012 Apr; 97(2): 95-98.
- Stroud J., Baicu C., Barnes M., Spinale F., Zile M. Viscoelastic properties of pressure overload hypertrophied myocardium: effect of serine protease treatment . June, 282(6): H2324-35, 2002.. American Journal of Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 2002 Jun; 282(6): H2324-H2335.
- 1999 Alpha Epsilon Lambda Graduate Student Honors Society
- Stroud J., Baicu C., Barnes M., Zile M. (1998). Residual activation during diastole contributes to passive elasticity and viscosity in normal myocardium. Poster presented at: 18th Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference and 2nd International Conference of Ethical Issues in Biomedical Engineering; Clemson, SC.
- South Carolina Medical Association Foundation/ Cardiology Consultants of Spartanburg Scholarship, 2001
East Cooper Coastal Family Physicians
3400 Salterbeck St., Suite 100A
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466