About Dr. Javier L. Arenas
Dr. Javier L. Arenas is a knowledgeable urologist practicing at Providence Urology Associates. Dr. Arenas utilizes his extensive training and skills to swiftly lead patients on the road to a seamless recovery. He is certified by the American Board of Urology and is a member of the American Medical Association, the Endourology Society, and the American Urological Association, South Central. Dr. Arenas earned his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston. Further, he completed an internship in general surgery at the University of Texas, San Antonio. He completed a residency in urology at San Antonio Military Medical Center. He also completed his studies in robotic surgery, endourology, and minimally invasive surgery at Loma Linda University. He is fluent in English and Spanish. Dr. Arenas diligently looks after the community of El Paso, TX. He strives to make every individual’s healthcare experience comfortable and pain-free.
- American Board of Urology
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Doctor of Medicine
- San Antonio Military Medical Center, Residency in Urology
- Loma Linda University (Robotic Surgery, Endourology, and Minimally Invasive Surgery)
- University of Texas, San Antonio, Internship in General Surgery
- University of Texas, El Paso (Bachelor's)
- American Medical Association
- Endourological Society
- American Urological Association, South Central
Awards and publications
- Best Paper Award: MP02-14: Faaborg, Daniel, Arenas, J.L, Li, R, et.al. How a Donor Nephrectomy Population Can Help Clarify Warm Ischemia Effects During Partial Nephrectomy. Proceedings of 32nd World Congress of Endourology & SWL, 2014
- Li R, Ruckle D, Keheila M, Maldonado J, Lightfoot M, Alsyouf M, Yeo A, Abourbih SR, Olgin G, Arenas JL, Baldwin DD. High-Frequency Dusting Versus Conventional Holmium Laser Lithotripsy for Intrarenal and Ureteral Calculi. J Endourolgy 2017 Mar;31(3):272-277
- Arenas JL, Shen JK, Keheila M, Abourbih SR, Lee A, Stokes PK, Li R, Alsyouf M, Lightfoot MA, Baldwin DD. Kidney, Ureter, and Bladder (KUB): A Novel Grading System for Encrusted Ureteral Stents. Urology. 2016 Nov; 97:51-55
- Khater N, Shen J, Arenas JL, Keheila M, Alsyouf M, Martin JA, Lightfoot MA, Li R, Olgin G, Smith JC, Baldwin DD. Bench-Top Feasibility Testing of a Novel Percutaneous Renal Access Technique: The Laser Direct Alignment Radiation Reduction Technique (DARRT). J Endourology. 2016 Nov;30(11):1155-1160.
- Alsyouf M, Arenas JL, Smith JC, Myklak K, Faaborg D, Jang M, Olgin G, Lehrman E, Baldwin DD. Direct Endoscopic Visualization Combined with Ultrasound Guided Access during Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy: A Feasibility Study and Comparison to a Conventional Cohort. J Urol. 2016 Jul; 196 (1):227:33.
Dr. Javier L. Arenas's office locations
Providence Medical Partners
3270 Joe Battle Blvd
El Paso, TX 79938
Providence Medical Partners
2000 Transmountain Rd, Suite 200
El Paso, TX 79911
Patient reviews for Dr. Javier L. Arenas
Very comfortable ambiance and very professional.
It was ok but would be better if the doctor spend more time with us. He seems that he has a lot of work and he was in a hurry.
Friendly, efficient office staff and nurse. Wait time was a little long but was understandable with my circumstances. Overall, a courteous, professional visit.
When I was diagnosed with cancer tumor of kidney the first thing Dr. Arenas said to me was to take a breath and he then explained everything to me in detail. Because he educated me about my disease I was better prepared with dealing with the fear. He is compassionate with the patient and communicates to the patient that exactly what he will do. Dr. Arenas communicates with a patient, like myself, who walk into his office withe the worst fear, that there are options and he is truthful with the patient.
Dr. Arenas is very professional, informative & caring. He made me feel confident & comfortable before my procedure. I would highly recomend him to others. His office staff is very nice.
It was excellent. DR. ARENAS is always very good about answering questions and explaining procedures. He always takes whatever time is necessary to make sure that myself (patient) and my wife understand what is going on. He is a very caring individual. In addition he has a wonderful staff that also take great care of you.
Excellent, caring staff and doctor. Everything explained and all questions answered. Overall a very good doctor and staff!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Urology Consultation
- Urology Follow Up
- Bedwetting / Enuresis
- Bladder Pain / Interstitial Cystitis
- Bladder Stone
- Burning Sensation in Urine
- Circumcision / Phimosis
- Difficulty Urinating
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Shockwave Therapy
- Erectile Dysfunction / Impotence / Male Sexual Dysfunction
- Fecal Incontinence
- Frequent Urination
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- More Procedures
- Aetna Urologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Urologists
- Cigna Urologists
- UnitedHealthcare Urologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Urologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Urologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Urologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Urologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Urologists
- More Insurances