Dr. Joanne Halbrecht, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Joanne Halbrecht is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon Fellowship trained in Sports Medicine with over 20 years of experience. She specializes in the conservative and operative treatment of sports injuries. Dr. Halbrecht has been recognized for her expertise in arthroscopic surgery. As a result she has taught courses in knee and shoulder orthroscopy at the Orthopedic Learning Center in Chicago to orthopedic surgeons from all over the world. She has several publications in orthopedic journals and has been a team physician for football and hockey. She has utilized her degree in engineering while serving as a consultant for orthopedic product design and developement.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - New York Medical College, Doctor of Medicine
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Montefiore Medical Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Arizona Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Montefiore Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Lafayette College (Bachelor's)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
Awards and publications
- Physician Member, USA Swimming Sports Medicine & Science Network
- Team Orthopaedic Surgeon, Fairview High School 1996-2003
Joanne Halbrecht, M.D.
Boulder Institute for Sports Medicine
3000 Center Green Drive, Ste#150
Boulder, CO 80301